Track days

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Track days

Post by AMCQ46 »

Now I am retired I need to get a few booked and get the storm out there for a good thrashing round a track, but which circuit and which organiser ?

Post in this thread any track days that you are going on, might get a bit of interest for a few of the rest of us to get back out there.
AMcQ
popkat

Re: Track days

Post by popkat »

No limits or focused seem the best, they do Spain deals. Classic bike track days are friendly but don’t get the chance to go as fast as you’d like if you are a good fast rider.
Tracks, Donington or Mallory for fairly easy to learn.. Brands Hatch or Cadwell for character but more difficult. The Welsh tracks are good, Pembrey flat and fast in places, Anglesey the British Philip Island, we’ll at least for views, it has a corkscrew too if you do the coastal circuit.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

popkat wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:53 pm No limits or focused seem the best, they do Spain deals. Classic bike track days are friendly but don’t get the chance to go as fast as you’d like if you are a good fast rider.
Tracks, Donington or Mallory for fairly easy to learn.. Brands Hatch or Cadwell for character but more difficult. The Welsh tracks are good, Pembrey flat and fast in places, Anglesey the British Philip Island, we’ll at least for views, it has a corkscrew too if you do the coastal circuit.

cheers malc, I will have a look at No Limits & Focused. Mallory Park is close for me and I know it pretty well (both my old club racing days and a few track days), so might be a good place to restart. after that I want to try a few of the tracks I never raced at (Oulton, Angelsy, Brands, knockhill, Silverstone) and I guess you never get bored with Cadwell and snetterton has been completely re designed since I raced there.
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Malc is spot on with Classic Bike Track days. You'll definitely be in the upper group on one of their days. Firestorms are eligible and you find some great machinery there, and no kids trying to be race heros.

Loose Cannon are worth a look. Small circuits like Darley Moor but can be a chilled out day compared to NL.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I am up for Cadwell, Mallory, Donington at some point this year

What Group? Comfortable at inter in any of the above for an MSV or Nolimits standard track days

No Firestorm anymore though. CBR600F3 track bike. Have a Blade track bike but unlikely to be ready
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

There is a private track day that has now been open for public bookings. only novice group left. thursday day and evening, and friday. £230!!!! bargin. all the usual support service are there but you will get free photos, and free instructers etc
11th and 12th cadwell
It is a private funded event so if you ride and act like a nob you will be invited to leave. pm me for detail if you are interested
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

@ AMCQ. gotta do some days july to get match fit. Donno, mallory cadwell .. will be booking some are you on any?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stuart, my daughter is getting married that weekend, and I think I might get killed if I disappear Thursday and Friday 8O

This year is running away, so I will need to get a track event sorted
AMcQ
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:34 am Stuart, my daughter is getting married that weekend, and I think I might get killed if I disappear Thursday and Friday 8O

This year is running away, so I will need to get a track event sorted
I remember you saying