vtr back to life

General Bike chat
northmanuk

vtr back to life

Post by northmanuk »

what can i say two weeks of riding my busa and i looked at the back of the garage and they she lay wounded and in a sorry state i had listened to , too
many people and left my own diagnosis i n a bucket. My VTR had been making a squeak on start up, i had thought that it sounded like my BSA 500 A7 when the head gasket went. However doubting myself i sought help from the wise ,tight cam chain yes that sounded good noise went, alas it came back. Reduction gears, well that was a new crusade. This would mean another strip down i had just finished rebuilding her after exhaust stud snapped
head off job manual cam chain tensioners fitted to calm my paranoia also. I didnt relish stripping her down again,so i thought have one last listen to see if it was something less daunting .It started on the button so i decided to warm her up ,slight rev then it sounded like a steel band.What the monica thought i. yes the cam chain had skipped because in had slackened it off result bent valves and cracked head aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh i felt like scrapping it. I messaged Chris he gave good advice enjoy my Busa and forget VTR for a while so i did and after 2 weeks i began to do a small job once every few days.As they say a 10,000 mile journey begins with first step grasshopper.Now its all fixed , straight through ss pipes rearset fooptpegs,brembo brake master cylinder, ss brake hoses and a sound like the devil yawning, short6 pipes may possibly rob powe butthey sound so coooool ,.new cylinder head,shims checked and set front and rear.New looking Handle bar risers and hugger slung into bin along with some very good looking cans.No leaks lovely tick over engine so quiet (yes despite noise from pipes) pair valves removed. i tried using a new bought abba stand but i couldnt work it so that went down the tip too .All in all a sorry tale of despair and cash lost, but all is forgiven yes time for my first ride.
thank you chris for all your understanding and to anyone else who helped me keep focus
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: vtr back to life

Post by sirch345 »

I'm really pleased to hear some positivity in your life at last, you deserve it after persevering long and hard like you have, well done :clap:

One question I have to ask is :D have you been enjoying your GSX1300R Special :?:

Chris.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

thanks for your kind words chris :D
i have been out once or twice i find i observe speed limits a lot more now though after watching traffic cops on tv one guy had both legs chopped off and died at the seen of his accident after clipping a car and hitting a bus shelter

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Well done.You got there in the end. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

northmanuk wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:59 am thanks for your kind words chris :D
i have been out once or twice i find i observe speed limits a lot more now though after watching traffic cops on tv one guy had both legs chopped off and died at the seen of his accident after clipping a car and hitting a bus shelter
Very sensible,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

happy days :clap: :clap: :clap: nice to hear you got some luck on your side :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

thanks guys much appreciated :D it shows persistence wins the day though i felt like quitting some days :D