Rear brake pedal

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Phil Treadgold

Rear brake pedal

Post by Phil Treadgold »

Hi. Bit of an odd one but for various reasons I need to adjust the rear brake pedal downward. I'm already at max adjustment. I could remove the locknut that sits on the piston arm but I can see this rotating back again over time without a way to lock it. So, is there another way round this odd problem? Bend the lever? It's cast, I think it would snap. Alternatively a different brake pedal from another Honda that has a downward bend in it. The closest I've seen is what looks like a steel beams pedal from a cb1000rr I think it was. Any ideas?
Duffy1964

Re: Rear brake pedal

Post by Duffy1964 »

Phil Treadgold wrote:Hi. Bit of an odd one but for various reasons I need to adjust the rear brake pedal downward. I'm already at max adjustment. I could remove the locknut that sits on the piston arm but I can see this rotating back again over time without a way to lock it. So, is there another way round this odd problem? Bend the lever? It's cast, I think it would snap. Alternatively a different brake pedal from another Honda that has a downward bend in it. The closest I've seen is what looks like a steel beams pedal from a cb1000rr I think it was. Any ideas?
I definitely wouldn’t try to bend it Phil as it will almost definitely snap as it’s cast alloy.
Without a photo I’m not sure about your adjustment issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Once you have removed the locknut and rotated the Clevis arm or rose joint to where you want it, the pin/ bolt will lock it in position and stop it rotating.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Rearsets will have the adjustability you need.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:01 am Rearsets will have the adjustability you need.
His knees dont tho & thats part of the issue...

Phil has already lowered the pegs to help his knees but now the brake pedle is in the wrong position for him.

I've already sugested a thumb brake...

Or... https://disabledmotorcycleriders.com/

Motorcycle adaptions- Dualever / k-lever. Motorcycle or trike, twin clutch/brake lever & master cylinders. Left or right handlebar mounting uses the dual lever system to operate the clutch or brake or front and rear brakes with one hand !!

Talk to them Phil & see if they can do this for rear brake only...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

There was a rider in Moto 2 who had the front brake controls on the left bar as his wrist was fubar... 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Phil Treadgold

Post by Phil Treadgold »

Just an idea here but the cbr1000 has its pivot above the arm so the brake pedal is effectively lower. I'll need to pull mine off to measure it up. Once I've got some measurements I can proceed