VTR streetfighter by Radwan

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tony.mon

Re: VTR streetfighter by Radwan

Post by tony.mon »

Azer wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:57 pm Hey up,

Like what you have done, very good job.

Where did you get the small clutch reservoir?
Looking that myself.

Cheers
Check out Rizoma and Demon Tweeks for reservoirs, clamps and fluid lines.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
radwan

Post by radwan »

The works are coming to the final end.
There are still things like painting exhaust black, checking everything how it works, etc.
For sure VTR is already pleasing to the eyes and I am very happy with what came out. 8) 8) 8) 8)

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking great 8) 8)
Removing the side radiators and fit one single rad at the front makes all the difference :thumbup:

Chris.
radwan

Post by radwan »

So far I have done a few rides, unfortunately the weather is very poor in Poland at the moment.
  • I added some blue elements such as bolt covers and a radiator cap.
  • I had to raise the radiator up and change the angle because radiator hit the wheel.
  • I installed the calipers from the CBR600 F4 (they have bigger pistons and wider brake pads,
    feel the improvement in braking power, I put brake pads with sinter compound)
  • For aesthetic reasons, I mounted the caliper and rear pump from the CBR1000RR (black color)

I'm still waiting for the weather to improve so I can take the exhaust off and paint it black.
I am also struggling with setting the mixture, currently the bike sometimes stops and I feel that it lacks some power.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The weather in the UK has been poor here too.

Your bike has come a long way from where it was when you started modifying it :clap: :clap:

It looks good to me there baking in the sun 8) 8)

Which bike did your up front radiator come from :?:

Your fuelling problem could be to do with the single can fitted. Using one can (silencer) makes setting up the carbs a challenge on these bikes. You my need to get the bike on a dyno to see what is happening. Try balancing the carbs first if not done already,

Chris.
radwan

Post by radwan »

Thank you for your post :D
Radiator comes from Yamaha FZ6, it is larger than one of the VTRs approx. 40% and thin as well so it fits under frame, the suspension does not catch.
Regarding one muffler, Im going to add 10-20 cm pipe in order to extend exhaust system. We will see, The last way would be back do 2in2 system.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

radwan wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:49 pm Thank you for your post :D
Radiator comes from Yamaha FZ6, it is larger than one of the VTRs approx. 40% and thin as well so it fits under frame, the suspension does not catch.
Regarding one muffler, Im going to add 10-20 cm pipe in order to extend exhaust system. We will see, The last way would be back do 2in2 system.
Thanks for the information on the radiator :thumbup:

Good luck in getting the fuelling issue fixed, either of those idea's are worth a try, do keep us posted,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Bikes looking well :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Acke

Post by Acke »

Amazing looking bike!
Clip of it running? Eager to hear it :D
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Nice looking bike. What radiator did you use? It looks bigger than the two standard radiators. The plumbing on the right side looks tidy too. Is the other side as good?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 pm Nice looking bike. What radiator did you use? It looks bigger than the two standard radiators. The plumbing on the right side looks tidy too. Is the other side as good?

Nick, I asked the same question :lol: :thumbup:
radwan wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:49 pm Thank you for your post :D
Chris.
radwan

Post by radwan »

I've been a bit absent, the last few months have been hard with time. I'll try to summarize everything :D :thumbup:

- I had to buy a new battery and rectifier, I decided on the YHC033 SH754AA regulator from the HONDA LEAD 110, it fits p&p and has a much larger radiator. (Now charging is about 14.13 volts at idle)
- the most important thing, as you know, I had problems with jerking the engine at rev above 5-6 K as some of you have suggested, the problem turned out to be in the 2in1 exhaust. I set the carburetor for jets 178 - 180 I installed a 2in2 exhaust system and original silencers, I left the K&N filter
The bike finally ride from idle to rev limit without jerking, I'm very happy :biggrin :mrgreen:

Now I'm playing with louder exhausts, a 2in2 exhaust system with 60mm AUSTIN RACING REPLICA silencers. Unfortunately they wreak such havoc on the street that I have to look for something quieter, my neighbors will kill me :lol:

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Great job. Life is much better when things work properly.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

radwan wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:03 pm I've been a bit absent, the last few months have been hard with time. I'll try to summarize everything :D :thumbup:

- I had to buy a new battery and rectifier, I decided on the YHC033 SH754AA regulator from the HONDA LEAD 110, it fits p&p and has a much larger radiator. (Now charging is about 14.13 volts at idle)
- the most important thing, as you know, I had problems with jerking the engine at rev above 5-6 K as some of you have suggested, the problem turned out to be in the 2in1 exhaust. I set the carburetor for jets 178 - 180 I installed a 2in2 exhaust system and original silencers, I left the K&N filter
The bike finally ride from idle to rev limit without jerking, I'm very happy
:biggrin :mrgreen:
Well done in sorting out the engine jerking as you call it :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can imagine it is LOUD with the AUSTIN RACING REPLICA silencers :D :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That has turned out proper nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: