At last, a Firestorm owner!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AMCQ46

Re: At last, a Firestorm owner!

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stopper mod is good :thumbup: In my mind the best of both worlds for the cam chain tensioners…. You still have the auto tensioner as Honda intended, but if the spring fails, the stopper will prevent the chain going slack enough to jump a tooth. so it is now fail safe auto tensioner
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stew1000 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:17 am I'll take a photo tomorrow of the section Mac pointed out and someone can hopefully tell if the are manual ones, however the service history says 'cam chain tensioners replaced in 2011 and then in 2014 it says -' remove cam chain adjusters and do stopper mod.' no idea what that means, maybe you guys will!

can't see anything in history about the R/R so fear the worst there. Are there any Mofset ones that are easier to fit than the the BMW S1000rr ones you mentioned Mac? I am thinking I would have to pass that job, if it was the beemer one, to a mechanic and then price creeps up...

But , if that is one to have, I'll search for one - there is one on ebay at minute, serial number on it is shown in pic below and its about £80 which sounds fair, its from a 2019 bike.
Have a read of this link: viewtopic.php?t=19416
Stew1000 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:21 am Wonder why are my phoaties so wee! Serial number of that reg/rec is FH027AB
Depending on what device you are using to access the Internet, if you 'left click' or 'tap' the small photo they will go to a larger photo,

Chris.
Stew1000

Post by Stew1000 »

Thanks for all of the replies, bit of peace of mind then on the CCTs!

Really appreciate the help, wonder if I'll be able to offer some one day, lol!

(Won't be mechanical I wouldn't imagine, be too embarrassed to offer any as there are - thankfully- some top blokes on here who know a lot more than I ever will...!)
Still, I'll keep doing what I can and keep learning with all the brilliant info from fellow Stormers!