Scaredycat

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
pmcq

Scaredycat

Post by pmcq »

Hello all,

I bought a Storm about a month ago and have been reading this great forum more and more everyday. So much so that I am now beginning to get scared on the number of posts about CCT failures - I know this is a well visited topic but there's nearly 11,000 miles on the clock... should I be concerned about those buggers??? I hate going for spin and in the back on your head thinking 'if this fails...'...

Cheers,
pmcq :?
Max

Post by Max »

Its just like Russian roulette some last for years some go on the way home from the showroom. Del does modified ones and there are manual ones, both should give a bit more piece of mind than std ones.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

My storm's around the 65,000km mark & only just have to get the CCT thing done now, so don't panic. Just keep an eye on things.

And good to have you join us! Hopefully you'll be loopy enough to hang around. :D
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Cheers guys - posted this, then saw the sticky above all about them!!

Anyway, will keep an eye on those pesky cct's!

I love the Storm!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

changed mine at 18,000 miles,
heard a ticking, tinkling sound so had em changed. Its an easy sound to hear...........but only a problem if you ignore it. same as on many hondas just that we talk about it more. Don't worry too much
it may be clever, but its not big.
Nogin

CCT

Post by Nogin »

Hi pmcq,
Mine went at about 14000m, distinct rattling from front cylinder, diagnosed and fixed by John Harris motorcycles in Crowborough, E. Sussex. Apparently the front is more likely to fail due to lubrication design..... Don't know how true that is, you'll soon hear it though.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I think you'll find the reason the front goes first is coz its harder to get to!! :lol:

Ben
t00lkit

What noise?

Post by t00lkit »

Storms done 7k now and needs MOTing this summer. Might ask the man to check the CCTs at the same time.

Please tell me, what is the noise you should listen for, to warn that the CCT is/are on the way out?

I sometimes get a nosie around 3-4k revs like 'shaking a bag of the old milk bottle tops' (a tinkling sound). Is this it or sumat else?

Cheers
t00lkit.
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
VTRgirl

Re: What noise?

Post by VTRgirl »

t00lkit wrote:Please tell me, what is the noise you should listen for, to warn that the CCT is/are on the way out?

I sometimes get a nosie around 3-4k revs like 'shaking a bag of the old milk bottle tops' (a tinkling sound). Is this it or sumat else?
I've found the noise is deeper than I would call "tinkling". You can actually tell it's the chain slapping around. It's an uneven ticking. I reckon if you hear it you'll know what it is straight away. I know squat about bike bits & picked it immediately.

Keep an ear out for it, but try not to succumb to the paranoia this topic seems to evoke.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Tell me about it ¬!!!!! :( :( :(
Mine just went. All of a sudden too !!!!
Seems theres no pattern to the frequency when these suckers go, just whenever they feel like it !
Sad engineering !!! :?
t00lkit

U guys....

Post by t00lkit »

U guys got me paranoid......

My rattling noise was just the thumb screw that fastens my sat nav on... :roll:

Been checking the bolts, nuts, wires, panels and it finally dawned on me at 3am one morning, its the sat nav holder!

went for a ride, heard the rattle, held the screw, nose went - sorted.

At least the CCTs are ok :oops:

t00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.