1200 Bandit Refurb...........

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: 1200 Bandit Refurb...........

Post by sirch345 »

You obviously were not on your own regarding the bottom shock mount :wink: :lol:
You should be able to sell the shock that doesn’t fit on to regain some of the unexpected outlay.

Fingers crossed the sheared stud can be removed, at least you tried your best,

Chris..
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Well what set back that was..............

Just got it back today and a few hundred lighter in pocket { it took the guy ages because it was so difficult to access the bolts} had to take the lump out eventualy and it was still a nightmare.The right bolt appeared to have a drill bit snapped off inside from an attempt by a previous owner,who also fitted the left side bolt which was titanium................ :evil: :eek2
Anyways its back on the lift but frankly I'm losing motivation,got a lot of back n' hip pain.
Don't know if I should batter it {got a week off soon} and try and get it rideable or just take my time and have it ready for next spring {you won't catch me riding in cold and rain}.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:52 pm Well what set back that was..............

Just got it back today and a few hundred lighter in pocket { it took the guy ages because it was so difficult to access the bolts} had to take the lump out eventualy and it was still a nightmare.The right bolt appeared to have a drill bit snapped off inside from an attempt by a previous owner,who also fitted the left side bolt which was titanium................ :evil: :eek2
Anyways its back on the lift but frankly I'm losing motivation,got a lot of back n' hip pain.
Don't know if I should batter it {got a week off soon} and try and get it rideable or just take my time and have it ready for next spring {you won't catch me riding in cold and rain}.
That must have been a right pain to fix, a good job you got the experts on board for that :thumbup: :thumbup:
Go careful with the back and hip pain, you don't want to be laid up unable to ride the Storm :)

Chris.
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Man I miss my b12, nice engines and neutral handling. I can't ride big bikes anymore due to medical issues but I'd love another one if I ever could
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Got the down pipes and collecter on yesterday [can and link pipe when its off the lift] I can't believe the relief to
of actualy got this done...........

Today I got the airbox and carbs on..........

Fitted and wired the new coils and leads.........

I'm really finding it a right slog but I've got to press on............
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:49 pm Got the down pipes and collecter on yesterday [can and link pipe when its off the lift] I can't believe the relief to
of actualy got this done...........
I can imagine after all the hassle you had with that :thumbup: :thumbup:

You're getting there :clap: :clap:
I see those ignition coils are Dyna coils 8) 8)

Are those chrome blanking plates on the front of the cylinders covering ports for the oil pipes :?:

Chris.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Chris,those chrome plates are covers for PAIRs system that I removed,a right heavy load of stuff.
Apparently not needed in the UK so out it comes.......
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Was'nt going to touch the carbs but whilst waiting for the engine to come back I had a look inside......
Glad I did.......there were o-rings missing and all had been installed wrong on the air screw....
2 screws had to be drilled out.........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:43 pm Chris,those chrome plates are covers for PAIRs system that I removed,a right heavy load of stuff.
Apparently not needed in the UK so out it comes.......
Yes of course, that never occurred to me :)
Thanks for the information :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:35 am Was'nt going to touch the carbs but whilst waiting for the engine to come back I had a look inside......
Glad I did.......there were o-rings missing and all had been installed wrong on the air screw....
2 screws had to be drilled out.........
So in away that engine problem did you a favour :lol: :lol:

A good job you looked by the sounds of it :clap: :clap:

Chris.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

The PO must of been 7'2" as I've had to cut this addition off the side stand........

It had 170mm dog bones and was a pain to climb on[standard are 180mm] I've fitted 175mm so as to give a bit of lift but not so extreme.
Bought the braided lines and carbon front guard back in January,just found out I'd bought mk1 not mk2.
I ordered a mk2 carbon guard,it arrived the other day..........its a mk1.. :roll:
Anyways the seller is sorting it out.
As for the lines,I contacted the seller [OHAmotorsport] who agreed to exchange.
Been waiting almost 2 months and still aint got em'.They said they posted in June but no card was left.
Then they said they were returned to them........ok,just send them back to me and I'll pay the postage.
Well what a joke trying to arrange payment,all kinds of excuses,loads of maliciuos courier website emails flooding in,dozens of to and fro ebay msg's and still no joy.
I've just got a Hel set from Just Bandits but I won't be giving up on the others....no sir. :twisted:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's a pain in the butt when things don't go smoothly :Argue 1:

Fingers crossed things get sorted out soon,

Chris.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Got the K Tech fork springs installed with 15w oil yesterday,new lines,carbon guard and bolts too.........plus 'koff
Denali sound bomb horn.........

Scorpion titanium can and link pipe complete with a RF600 carbon hugger also installed.......

Managed to find a new clock casing to replace the smashed original......real stroke of luck as the original was totaly busted....

Oooohh,starting to come together now.......at last
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You're making good headway now :clap: :clap:

I like the new horn 8)

I see what you mean about the clock casing :problem:

Chris.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Started first prod of the button today...........still runs and sounds like bag of nails though....

I dropped the fairing [again] and another piece broke off,so I cut the other side to match and ending up with this

The ignition barrel does'nt work very reliably so I've taken it appart to sort it.
The fuel pipe had a major kink in it so hopefully that may be the reason for the rough idling/running.

Lock wired these bolts holding the hugger on,will try again,used a drill chuck............... :crazy:

Meet the time consuming money eating monster................