Main Jets

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Masu

Main Jets

Post by Masu »

Greeting Gents!

I had a great ride the other day, out with a couple of buddies for some twisties, we got soaked coming home in the rain, but the roads in the AM made it worthwhile.

Now that I have the suspension dialed in I'm now more concerned with how the engine runs, well it don't run too good.

The bike is a Jap speck bike that was de-restricted (not by me the former owner had it done). He also had a Dyno-Jet Stage one kit put in, and a K&N filter. The bike has the full Moriwaki exhaust system.

The bike seems to run VERY rich, the pipes are black with soot. The throttle response sucks, and if I'm at anything below about 6500 rpm and I whack it WOT I get a huge stumble before it takes off.

The settings were this....

Front carb #190 Main, #45 slow
Rear carb #190 Main, #45 slow

Dyno-Jet needles, both washers (small and large ones) under the clip, the clip was on the 5th position (2nd from the bottom). There is a 3rd hole drilled in each slide, just like Dyno-jet says to.

Today I put a #175 main in the front Carb and a #170 main in the rear, I put the washers in the right places, big one on top, small one below the clip. The clip is now in the 4th position.

it is now 3 AM and I'm for bed, so I did not get it all back together.

If any of you can help out with this I would be greatful.

Cheers!
"Not all who wander are lost."
-J. R. R. Tolkien