What are your thoughts on this?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
SheldonPark

What are your thoughts on this?

Post by SheldonPark »

Hello, my Firestorm has been modified to a 2-to-1 exhaust by the previous owner, seemingly achieved by cutting and welding one of the pipes. The welded job appears fine, but the exhaust can from a '98 GSXR-600 on it sounds like a rattle can. I found and installed an OEM Triumph 2200806 e2 exhaust, which is standard on the Triumph TT600. The bike now sounds much better, but I'm uncertain if using a 600cc bike exhaust on a 1000cc bike that originally had two exhausts is a concern. What are your thoughts on this?
tony.mon

Re: What are your thoughts on this?

Post by tony.mon »

Get a power run on a Dyno and you'll know.

I ran a 2 into 1 for a while when I dropped mine on black ice and wrecked a can.
It gains slightly in the midrange but loses a tiny amount top end.
Not enough to make a difference when riding it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hello, these bikes take quite a bit of work to get them running properly through the full rev range with a chopped 2 into 1 exhaust system.
So either the previous owner went to some lengths in getting it running well with the converted exhaust (re-jetting the carbs and possible dyno runs), or it didn't run well with the GSXR600 end can.

As Tony says a dyno run will give you the answer you are looking for, and give you piece of mind,

Chris.

PS. Welcome aboard :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Twin cans for the win everytime :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: