Help with paint decision and exhaust swap

General Biker Banter
Superclean

Help with paint decision and exhaust swap

Post by Superclean »

Superclean is on a distinguished road
New owner needs advice on paint/exhaust

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a blue 2003 with pinstriping done by a well-known pinstriper and previous owner of the bike. It’s in mint original condition with 22,000kms (14,000mi). I didn’t like the pin-striping when I bought it but it’s growing on me. Any idea how I would remove it without damaging the original paint if I decide I want to remove them? It’s not under clearcoat.

The second issue is the Yoshimura RS-3’s I assumed were the same as the ones I had on my 2003 SH I owned in 2010. Turns out these pipes are “street”pipes with welded in baffles that are not to be removed. My previous bike had a small insert that could be removed by undoing one allen bolt. They sounded amazing. I have ordered some GRMoto Carbons but can’t find much info or sound clips of them. If they don’t fit the bill I am going to try Blue Flame. What’s the difference between single port and twin port in regards to sound (deepness and volume)?

Attachments
IMG_3928.jpeg
tony.mon

Re: Help with paint decision and exhaust swap

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, and welcome- nice bike.

Re the decals, you can simply warm with a hairdryer and peel them, the adhesive should come off with the sticker but if not use a road tar cleaner to shift it. Check on an unobtrusive section to make sure it doesn't damage it or dull the paint.

Re the cans, it looks pretty easy to simply remove the end can from your Yoshi's and modify the baffle. It should just be a handful of rivets.
Last edited by tony.mon on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Help with paint decision and exhaust swap

Post by sirch345 »

I agree it is a very clean and tidy looking bike👍👍

I can't really add anymore than Tony already has.

The pin striping has been very well done. I guess it’s more of a personal choice whether you keep it or not :eh:

Chris.