East of York ?

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

yellafella

East of York ?

Post by yellafella »

Anyone know of any good roads East side of York ?
Iggy ? Rainmaker ? Martin? Rockape ?
Mate lives in Market Weighton and was planning a ride out that way soon. ( if baby doesnt turn up early ! :D )
Dont need to be Hartside like just some nice sweepies will be fine ! ( Be going with a mate on his gixxer thou and he just cant do bends !!! :lol: :lol: )
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

I'm only 6 miles from Market Weighton!!

There loads of roads around those parts that are worth a look, try heading out of Market weighton towards Driffield, when you get to a place called Bainton then head for Malton, corking road through Wetwang (yes thats right) down to Fimber and on to Malton, from there you can head for Helmsley or Pickering or you can head towards the coast pick up the road to Bridlington. I'll get some road numbers for you later.

If your down that way get you mate to come to the Pub in South cave called Fox and coney and give me a shout... I'll be there in 5 mins!!!! :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Nice 1 Iggy ! What ya doing at the weekend ?
Dunno what the weathers gonna be like but if theres a decent pub there then thats got all the makings of a mission ! :P :P
Can prolly stay at my mates house so no worries there ! :P :P

This the place ?

Looks goooood ! What lager they got there ? PLLLLLLLease say thats a Stella pump on the bar !!!! :lol: :lol:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sadly yella I fly off to Italy for three weeks this weekend :D . You'll have to have another trip in August Cos it does do stella on tap!!! :wink: .
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Kin ell ! 3 weeks ? 8O
Sprog will be here by then and i'll be too bleary eyed to even consider a ride out ! :cry: :cry: :cry:
But if i recover in time i will deffo be up for it ! Cheers Iggy ! :D
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

You practicing for the early baby mornings yella (3:08 am) :?: :?: . I live just outside of Beveley, about 7 miles from iggy, If I'm home for weekend, work may yet interfere, I'll be happy to meet up for a blast. It will be good to meet other stormers, and see how the bikes should go.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Righto Gavin, if things are okay then you're on ! Will make arrangements later in the week ? :D
rockape34

Post by rockape34 »

Yep Iggy's definately right with that route :D ...Road from Malton to Helmsley's a bit tame though (lots of speed restrictions through the villages). Sadly, I too will be away in Cyprus 8) from this Wed til 1 Aug, but definately up for a meet after that.

I hope all goes well for you and Mrs Yella :)
Martin

Post by Martin »

Second Hand Info - I'm told the A166 from York to Bridlington is meant to be a good ride...never tried it myself though. And this weekend I will be mostly getting drunk at my mates wedding (I keep offering to lend him my trainers so he can do a runner!)
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

GP Sunday boys need to be very close to a tv, and even closer to some BEER :D
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Anyone thought to ask Iggy why he's going to Italy...he he he he's
well getting ..............xxxxxed

if this is the biggy Iggy........good luck mate
it may be clever, but its not big.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Yella

unfortunately work has got in the way again and I am off away tomorrow for a week or so.

Suggest heading market weighton to Brid down towards hornsea turn off on to B1242 to Skipsea, keep on coast road to withernsea then B1362 to Hedon up to Ganstead B1239 then A165 to big round about towards beverley, head on B1230 to walkington carryon to T junction with A1034 turn right towards Market weighton. Not too omg a run Couple of hours by time you've had the obligortory bag of chips or icecream in Brid.

Enjoy youself in the back of beyond, be careful in the small villages by the coast, they need fresh meat to repopulate.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Cheers Gavin ! And i would never stand in the way of progress and repopulation ! I may even enjoy it ! :P :P :P :P :P