Engine removal

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rollin' Thunder

Engine removal

Post by Rollin' Thunder »

Howdy all,aint been on for a while ,met a load of ya at the gathering.I got a problem and need advice.Anyone had the main bearing go behind the clutch, ,do i need the motor out to do the job,and how does the engine come out? Do i need to suspend the chassis as the rear end is bolted to the engine i cant use the paddock stands.Would be interested to know if anyone has had a similar problem. Started as a rough transmission,thinking of worn chain kinda feel,and in 50 miles,sounded like the clutch was gonna drop off.The clutch basket now has a couple of millimetres of play in all directions,and it sounds like the bearing has collapsed. Be glad of any advice,thanks. :(
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

you can do it in the frame no problem, drop the coolant first though and the oil. I may have the bits you need depending whats worn exactly (if your in the Uk). Have complete clutch, basket etc.

Del.
Rollin' Thunder

Post by Rollin' Thunder »

Cheers Del! I think the bearing that has gone may be the one around the input shaft (back of clutch) i wonderered if the cases would need to be split ,any advice welcome,will have the clutch off over the weekend and be able to tell more from there,but thanks for the advice.