MOTRAX LED INDICATORS

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

MOTRAX LED INDICATORS

Post by sirch345 »

I was wondering if anyone has fitted Motrax LED type indicators, I have just purchased a pair for the front and on fitting them I found them to be flashing (no comments please) too fast which I had expected really. So on ringing up my local dealer he told me, they sent all the small individual resistors back to Motrax saying they didn't work, he then said what I need is a different indicator relay at £19.99 but guess what they're on back order :!: I see busters are advertising them so I'll probably get one from there :!:

Has anyone else had any fun and games with these :?:

Chris.
Max

Post by Max »

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... highlight=

I got the resisters from RS in the end and tied them to the frame of the bike cause they do run a bit hot. They have been on about a year now and give no problems.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the info Max,

Chris.
kevg

Post by kevg »

i went for the full set of four LED inicators, and the new relay, works fine, still not sure if i like the front set up with the long stem indicators fitted to the old mounting points, they just stick fully out past the fairing and no more, might look better if they were flush mount, but they will do till the winter when i'm overhauling some of the parts of the bike.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Kevg,
I'm with you on the front ones, but like Yellafella said you need to have something visible. Still think indicators in the mirror bodies are the way to go though :!:

Chris.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I had the same fun with mine but i got some resistors for bugger all money and there have been no problems on my gixxer 600.

http://www.solware.co.uk/customise-car- ... ulbs.shtml

Got them from here for less than £10 and they work a treat.

Good luck
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Melis for your info. and site addy,

Chris.