Dyno done.. well worth it!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hush

Dyno done.. well worth it!!

Post by Hush »

Hi,

Finally got the dynojet kit fitted and the bike set up. A bit of background its a 6k mile 2000 bike that I bought in April. It did 75 miles to a tank on open road hack and 60 miles commuting! (full to red light) I recently put a K&N on, whch made it very lumpy/loads of flat spots, so searched around for a decent Dynojetting place to get it sorted. I booked into Bob Farnham Racing (near brands) who I'd highly recommend. They do mostly race bikes and have been at it for 25 years. They're also better priced than the likes of BHP.

It turns out i had a snapped choke cable, leaving one carb on full choke all the time. For the time being they've blanked off that choke, so the choke only works on one cylinder. It still started this morning so hopefully ok.

All said and done they showed me the two print outs. Peak power went from 102 to 108 at the back wheel, but peak occured 1k RPM earlier. The gap between pre and post set up was as much as 13bhp, lower down the rev range. Torque increased from 61.5 peak to 69.5.

The bike now feels unbelievable smooth, haven't had the chance to open it up yet, but doing a track day at brands next Wednesday, and will hopefully get a run in this weekend to try it out.

Labour: £120 (3 hours)
Kit: £82.50

Verdict: Worth every penny!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Make sure you let us know your new mileage stats... I've just put Microns on & my K&N filter has just arrived, so that'll be next... Was planning to go down Wait & See Street before deciding on the dynojet... Currently getting about 180-200k before fuel light comes on (smaller 1999 model tank...) on the open road (that's with some hooning... 8) ).
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?