Polished/Painted Wheels?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DavieMac11

Polished/Painted Wheels?

Post by DavieMac11 »

Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting my wheels painted orange with the rims highly polished over the winter to match my bike. Any of you already had this done and what sort of money am I looking at in getting this done professionally?
Also, living way up here in the highlands, the choice of quality bike specific paint shops locally is pretty slim to say the least! Anyone able to recommend somewhere that'd do the job if I sent them the wheels?
Cheers guys, Dave.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The wheels of my VTR were powder coated gold by Finesse Quality coatings in Aberdeen. You need to take the tyres brake dsks & bearings out first though and it was around £40 per wheel if I remember correctly.

Powder coating will be the most durable finish you can get especially with the ammount of salt that get's laid down on the roads up here over the winter!

Al.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Al Said
Powder coating will be the most durable finish you can get especially with the ammount of salt that get's laid down on the roads up here over the winter!
I'll second that. I've got polished rims on mine and if you ride through the winter (like me) they're a sod to keep nice.
Powder coat the whole wheel and have done with it :wink:

Pete.l
Anonymous

rims

Post by Anonymous »

get em powdered and polish the outer rims then get them 2pack clearcoated
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

I looked into the whole wheel thing a while back, one of the guys on here set up his own business doing it...

heres some of the info i got... he does mail order....

"TYRES & BEARINGS CAN STAY BUT MORE EXPENSIVE 2 POST IM IN STOURBRIDGE WEST MIDS ON AVERAGE P&P IS £13 EACH WAY, WOULD NEED A COLOUR SAMPLE OR PAINT CODE 2 GET AN EXACT MATCH,IF U PUT A MARK ON THE RIM I CAN POLISH 2 THAT,PRICE DEPENDS ON THE PAINT COST,& IF U WANT A MIRROR POLSH,ROUGHLY £120 4 THE PAIR CHEERS M8 ALAN. PS I AV GOT A WEB SITE IT IS http://WWW.awlc-wheels.co.uk"

His log on was RGVAL. drop him a PM if you want info.... (tell him i sent ya)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Just met a guy from OzFireStorm who's done his own wheels. They look great. He just took the wheels off, taped over what he wanted to keep & used paint-stripper on the rest. Reckons it was simple. Although he did do it when he was up for new tyres, so had newies put on straight after.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?