Oh s**t, that I've lost it feeling

General Bike chat
Jim

Oh s**t, that I've lost it feeling

Post by Jim »

What a mess - 15mph slide in Reading on diesel. Result bent exhaust, pillion hangers, torn off footpeg, brake lever, bent lever and bars plus a huge dent in personal pride. Cost to be determined but I have a horrible feeling...... Still at least I got away with bruises!!
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Bummer! Sorry to hear it fella. Happens all so easy.
davey_n

Post by davey_n »

Happened to me - except it was a relation who dropped the bike with <500 miles on clock.
:cry:
I had a long think about sourcing bits myself vs. insurance job. It all comes down to the panel damage in my book - exhausts etc. can be had from bulletin boards/ ebay but it seems to be the plastic where Mr Honda makes his millions of yen.

Not really speaking to the relation now - he is struggling to put his hand in his pocket. :evil:

Best bet - get it back on the road ASAP - riding is the best medicine.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Not good! I once dropped my brothers bike (actually drove into a parked car ! Doh!) I felt really bad about it and got a loan to pay for the damage ASAP

Youve been good enough to let someone have a go on your bike, they have to accept responsibility if it goes wrong. No Ifs Buts or Maybes. Sorry doesnt really help but I find it hard to understand some people....
Jim

Post by Jim »

You are right about the spares prices - I cannot quite believe how expensive the various bits are.

Jim