tune up in manchester area

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
richard

tune up in manchester area

Post by richard »

Folks,

can anyone tell where is the best place to take my 'storm for a tune up, in the manchester area ?.....i always prefer to do the work myself ( job done properly....etc ) but i cant stretch to buying my own dyno :lol:

i bought the bike second hand, its fitted with non original viper cans ( that sound great ! ) and a k+n filter - and with a couple of track days coming up i need to be certain its fuelling right....

thanks in advance,

richard.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Definitely take it to Roger at Revolution up in Galgate (J33 M6). No-one knows more than him about setting up VTRs since he raced them and was involved with HRC in developing the racebikes a few years ago.

As it happens we've got a dyno day organised on the VTR list next saturday (13th). Plenty of folk from the list will be there plus a bbq, you don't have to get your bike run up on the dyno, turn up for a chinwag and you'll be made welcome.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

i think ill have to be paying roger a visit even if it is a 500 mile round trip 8O
Max

Post by Max »

I did the 500+ mile trip in a day last year, it was worth every minute/mile. just be careful if you go up through mid wales early in the morning as there are no petrol stations open till 8 o clock.
Max

BigD

Post by BigD »

KIAS of Atherton has been mentioned before. Do a search on here, may give you more info.
richard

Post by richard »

folks,

thanks for all those who took time to respond to my original post,

today i went up to see roger at rev racing, talk about lucky with the weather its been a glorious day... :P

roger surely knows his stuff, and on the dyno the bike was showing a pretty clean graph with a peak 106 bhp...not bad for an ebay special with 24k miles on the clock ( running vipers, k+n air filter and jet kit so it seems ), i am going to scan the graphs in and can email if anyones interested for comparison.

also talked about front suspension work on the forks - obviously a special roger receipe, which he charges for 200 quid all in - you post the tubes to him and he posts back.....

always refreshing to deal with someone who knows what hes doing...

once again - thanks all,

richard
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

richard wrote:folks,

thanks for all those who took time to respond to my original post,

today i went up to see roger at rev racing, talk about lucky with the weather its been a glorious day... :P

roger surely knows his stuff, and on the dyno the bike was showing a pretty clean graph with a peak 106 bhp...not bad for an ebay special with 24k miles on the clock ( running vipers, k+n air filter and jet kit so it seems ), i am going to scan the graphs in and can email if anyones interested for comparison.

also talked about front suspension work on the forks - obviously a special roger receipe, which he charges for 200 quid all in - you post the tubes to him and he posts back.....

always refreshing to deal with someone who knows what hes doing...

once again - thanks all,

richard
It's always refreshing too hear of good news in the world of testing, repairing or up grading a motorcycle so thanks for letting us all know Richard :!:

Mind you once you said you'd gone to see Roger at Revolution Racing the rest was history :wink:

Chris.