She's been Rogered.

General Bike chat
meintjiesj

She's been Rogered.

Post by meintjiesj »

Took the VTR in to Revolution racing on Friday and got a K&N and Dyno jet setup done and also the front fork internals changed. Except for the price I paid for the bike this must have been the best money spend on her so far. Thye had some trouble setting up the carbs, there was a major dip between 3,5 and 4,5 that thye had to sort out from standard. But on the throttle you can definitely feel a much faster responce now.
15 miles extra before the reserve light goes on. Reserve up from 95 miles to 110 miles
The biggest change was the forks. First felt it moving over lanes on the highway. Previous when you go over the kat eyes the handle bars would jerk, that is all gone. I deliberately took some B-roads back up to Scotland. The handle bars still move on the bad patches but not from side to side anymore, a controlled up and down and in the corners she is so stable. Must have been my fastest run up from Moffat over the mountain to Edinburgh. The rear shock is still standard, but thye tweaked that and I've not been thrown out of the saddle since Friday.
Haven't had to use the brakes to hard but I get more feedback now, and will definitely not bottom out.

I can honestly say this is worth every penny. Will probably save my skin one day. The advise alone was worth it.

Thanks Roger. Sorry she was so tempremental but you guys did a great job.
ps. And no speedbumps to try yet.....

Johan
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

If you are based in Scotland you dont really have to travel all the way down to rodgers in Galgate, As there is a Penske dealer in Dunfermline not that far from Knockhill,
Eddy Stone Who runs ERS Racing.. Is a top guy he can supply and set up
your penske shocks and also sort out vtr front ends, he can be pretty busy
so book well in advance as he works with all the top scottish racers, and will be off soon to both the NW and TT,
he will set up standard suspension and offer advice on what might work for you..
I can vouch for the quality of his work,

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/news/detail.asp?newsID=4
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Glad to hear about your updates..........at least you will be able to keep up with me now.................
.....................probably :lol:
it may be clever, but its not big.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Johan,

Pleased too hear the result's from a visit to Roger's :!: Sounds like you're well impressed :!: :D

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Johan Said
Must have been my fastest run up from Moffat over the mountain to Edinburgh.
Thats a crackin bit of road. I used to visit my Grandparents in Amble and always head up that way for a spin.
Keep your eyes peeled for pheasants, they make a hell of a mess on your head light :wink:

Pete.l
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

completely agree. had my forks done a month or so back and am outstanded by the performance. also rang him today to book my bike in for a dyno setup and to install a dynojet kit. wouldnt be doing a 500 mile round trip for anyone else to fettle my baby
thumper

Post by thumper »

hi johan

best money you have spen er, can i be so rude and ask how much money was it worth ?? :?

i did a big borders run on saturday with 9 other bikes we did the devils beef tub (moffat to bigger) at the end of our run together and its a fast one almost as good as the road from newcastleton to bonchester bridge and as good as the selkirk to moffat (st.mary's loch) road :wink:
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
meintjiesj

Post by meintjiesj »

Yes I am well pleased. I now ty and get as much miles on it as possible. Can't wait to get some cans and take it down to Roger again to do some of his magic. I am so pleased with it I'm thinking about doing a track day or two.

Johan