handling

General Bike chat
craigybaby

handling

Post by craigybaby »

Can anyone give me some tips on best tyres - both front and rear are coming up for renewal.

Also, how easy is it to alter the handlin on the storm as in adjust front preload and damping. I don't think mine is set up right. The front dives a lot under braking and its a bit skittish and light on bumpy or undulating roads especially when ur cornering - not giving me much confidence.

Cheers
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Sorry for being blunt but use the search facility or read through some of the recent posts.
This topic has been done to death ! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh yes, welcome. :D
meintjiesj

Post by meintjiesj »

Had the same issues and got my bike setup by Rodger at Revolution racing in Lancaster last weekend. Read my findings in "She's been Rodgerd". Talk to him, maybe he can give you some advise even if you are going with the standard settings.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Craigybaby :!:

Yellafella is right on the tyre issue :D

Chris.
craigybaby

Post by craigybaby »

no worries about the tyres

i know that there's something wrong with the handling because it jsut dont feel right.

the front dives too much and is too soft. i don't fancy fiddling with it myself because it seems too complicated unless of course i'm just being thick.

is the handling easy to adjust on the storm
Have you noticed when you're riding that everyone going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac?
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

i adjusted the forks every which way and couldnt find a tidy setting, the really are crap. either rebuild them or let revolution racing work on them
alan

handling

Post by alan »

All the storms are the same soggy front end and oversprung backend only solution really is get the front forks fettled with aka Roger at revolution or change the front end altogether and change the rear shock its easy to adjust yourself but it wont cure the problem.