polishing done (thank fook)

General Bike chat
xxxrated

polishing done (thank fook)

Post by xxxrated »

well im just about done now, final touches getting a shinier finish but thats about it, wont take pics of the swinger until i have the high levels made as my current setup does it no justice but heres how my frames looking now. im over the moon with it:

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

oooooooooooh
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
alan

polished frame

Post by alan »

Looking good X did you strip the bike?
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

fairings, tank and seat off for the frame and took the swinger off to do that. had to fit new C&S and cush drive rubbers aswell so done that while it was all off. couldnt believe the cush drive was silver under all that dirt. always thought it was black lol.
any ideas on a chain lube/wax to use that dosent spread itself over the rear half of your bike by the time you get to the end of the street??
alan

polishing frame

Post by alan »

I use engine oil just semi synthetic as i use it for the bike anyway pour it on the chain rub in with my fingers when its soaked in abit i coat it with motul chain wax.A mate of mine uses pj1 dont know how good this is never used it

I started sanding my single sided arm got all the casting marks off its was like a dimple effect all over but couldnt get into all the nooks took bleeding ages so i took it to powder coaters he does polishing aswell charged me 40 for polishing a bargain i thought got some other parts powdercoated at the same time.

You must be relieved to finish the frame its donkey work polishing i have a polishing mop but only do small stuff i need a high rpm bench grinder.
Have you coated it with belgom alu polish?
gcs

Post by gcs »

Sooooo shiny.. turned the lights out :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you clear coat it , or keep polishing.....

Looks great.
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's looking great Tripple X :wink:
dookie

Post by dookie »

The trick is to only apply lube to the chain when its hot after a good ride so it can penetrate the links and then leave it time to go off and gunk up again :)
There was a time i used to care