Moto GP France

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Moto GP France

Post by sirch345 »

How much more bad luck can Rossi have :?: or take for that matter. I thought he might just take this one, he was doing so well :!:

Chris.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Gutted for:

Rossi - Oh man, can his season get worse? Still have faith though, only 43 points down and nobody is running away with it yet.

Suzuki - Another super promising qualifying and early race by Hopkins, let down by pushing hard and crashing. Suzuki will be very strong once they get a little more performance out of their bike.

Kawasaki - great qualifying from Nakano, very talented rider never been on machinery that can show what he can do. Started well, then went backwards. Poor DePuniet can't have been happy, though bit of a 'racing incident' Looks like Rossi's luck rubbed off on him as well as his paint. Kawasaki, like Suzuki seem to be getting their with their 'new' machines. Since the switch to 4 stroke, they've lagged a lot and are only now seeing their bikes become competetive. Promising for the future

Happy for:

Anyone who isn't Rossi. His atrocious season start has given a lot of riders a genuine shot at the championship.

Colin Edwards - Still on a bike with obvious problems (despite getting 'new' chassis, Edwards won't have one till next round in Italy) an awful start, but a solid ride to finish 6th. Edwards' consistancy will see him up the top come championship end time.

Nicky Hayden - really very ill, still managed to race and bring it home for valuable points.

Loris Capirossi - duffed up the young pretender on the last lap as Pedrosa's softer tyres gave up. Great 2nd to keep his title hunt going.

Marco Melandri - seems to have had a tough time last few races. Always there or there abouts, got it right on the day and bagged a win.

Overall, I like LeMans, always a fairly good race with interesting results. Italy will be a mental place to be if Marco Melandri wins it for 2 in a row. (speically if Rossi is 2nd and Capirossi 3rd)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Very good write up Kitch, you've got it in one imo. The only good thing for Yamaha and the Rossi/Edwards camp is they came away knowing that the new frame gave Rossi the ability to win again, which means that the weekend was not a total loss :!: I think the same as you that Rossi will take the tittle again this year, but it's not going to be easy.

Also Suzuki have got to be pleased with John Hopkins efforts and realise they are getting there with him being able to run at the pointy end of the stick, so a big well done to John.

Although probably Rossi won't agree with me, it has made this season a lot more interesting rather than having one person running away with the points this year so far.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I for one definitely do feel sorry fro Rossi.
He was on a mission all weekend and had a real point to prove. With the new (old!!) chassis he was back to Rossi of old - ie making passes look easy then buggering off into the distance. Think the rest of the paddock will be sweating now they've seen what he is capable of.
Even the 'bright new stars' couldn't hold a candle to him -Pedrosa burned up his tyres just trying to stay with him
The rest of the season is gonna be interesting coz he's definitely got the bit between his teeth

However, what really impressed me was Edwards coming back from 18th to take 5th. All he's gotta do now is avoid the Rossi incident on the first lap (2 so far this year!) and he's got it made :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!