Going to Montana

General Bike chat
CaperJ

Going to Montana

Post by CaperJ »

Dudes I am going to take a trip to Montana this week from Calgary, about 4 hrs but the great thing is there is no speed limit in Montana so Im gonna scream. Whats a good rear tire to get mine maybe done soon..

CaperJImage
BP team

Dunlop

Post by BP team »

Hello,
I hope i've well anderstood your question... As for me, D208 (dunlop) are very good. For the time being that what i use. you can also try D207 RR but it won't last very long, as it's an hyper sport.
You can also use (but it cost a little amount of money) a steering damper which will make your bike better in turn and bumps.
can you tell me how you put your photo in your message?

Have a nice trip
Olivier
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I got a pair of bridgestone 012s about a month ago. Its like a new bike!
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

Fitting the 207RR's have made a HUGE difference the feel of the storm, that and slight change in riding style.
If you want a tyre that lasts an age get some Macadam M90's.
Dont wear out but grip is naff.

Robb
'97 Firestorm
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Well i have pirelli evo corsas fitted, these are the best tyres i have ran on the storm, great in any weather giving loads of confidence,
down side is of course they dont last long,, but if out & out grip is what you are after, then you wont go far wrong with a set of these :cool2
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I've had Bridgestone 010's on mine for the last couple of years and haven't got a bad word to say about them.
They warm up fast
They grip well enough for some serious track action
They're excellent in the wet
They last pretty well and wear out evenly. The sides need replacing at the same time as the middle (ie no squaring off)

That said I've just blagged a set of 208GP's in hard race compound so I'll be interested to see how they compare

Ben
thehazmatguy

Montana?

Post by thehazmatguy »

Did Montana take down the speed limits again? When I lived there they had to put up speed limits because the state was going to loose all federal highway funding. :(

Back "in the day" cops would write a ticket for "waste of a natural resource" if you kept it below 80mph (when the speed limit was 55mph)

You could even pay the cop right there on the spot!

Be sure to write a ride report and post it, I would like to hear about what you saw and did.

I work at a motorcycle shop, and I hear the Azaro ST's are the hot tire right now. Good wear and good traction if you are going to be doing highway trips. I use Metzler Sportech M1's and I think they are great.
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------
delmeekc

Sticky Tyres

Post by delmeekc »

Just put a pair of Pirelli Diablo Corsa's on me VTR, stickiest you can get, so I've been told, soft a shite too. Probably only last 1000 miles but who cares.

Del.
2 Smokin' Barrels

Re: Going to Montana

Post by 2 Smokin' Barrels »

CaperJ wrote:Dudes I am going to take a trip to Montana this week from Calgary, about 4 hrs but the great thing is there is no speed limit in Montana so Im gonna scream. Whats a good rear tire to get mine maybe done soon..
Hey there,
I just found this sight but have been terrorizing Calgary on a VTR since they first popped out of the crate. I see that this is an old post but I hope you didn't find out the hard way about the no speed limit thing. It was great back in the day, but due to abuse(mostly from out of towners), they had to put it back on... How long have you had the VTR?
CaperJ

Calgary

Post by CaperJ »

Just got mine in may and I love it I had a V45 magna and sold it bought a shadow ace hated it sold it in 2 mos for the VTR where are you in calgary se nw ?
2 Smokin' Barrels

Re: Calgary

CaperJ wrote:Just got mine in may and I love it I had a V45 magna and sold it bought a shadow ace hated it sold it in 2 mos for the VTR where are you in calgary se nw ?
McKenzie Lake. How about yourself?
The VTR rocks, but the fuel range sucks! I have to say that this is my favorite bike of many that I've owned, and I've waited patiently for Honda to update the damned tank for seven years! I've just found out that once again they are not gonna do it so I may have to slip over to the dark side and get an SV! (Boo, hiss from the gallery...)
CaperJ

VTR

Post by CaperJ »

Yeh Im in McKenzie towne just accross the way. You can order larger tanks for the VTR Ive seen guys in here talking about em. I want to try to get a fuel gauge IE like the one on the new 2003 VTR. Wonder if you can mod it to an older bike. How old are you Im 36. We should get out for a ride sometime, I ride with my buddy John he used to live in MCK lake he rides a Yellow VFR. He now lives in McK towne.

James
2 Smokin' Barrels

Re: VTR

CaperJ wrote:Yeh Im in McKenzie towne just accross the way. You can order larger tanks for the VTR Ive seen guys in here talking about em. I want to try to get a fuel gauge IE like the one on the new 2003 VTR. Wonder if you can mod it to an older bike. How old are you Im 36. We should get out for a ride sometime, I ride with my buddy John he used to live in MCK lake he rides a Yellow VFR. He now lives in McK towne.

James
I think I've seen your buddies VFR getting gas at the ESSO a few times. :D I've looked at the bigger tank option, and there is a place in Ontario that imports them at around $800! Then you get to paint to match. I was still going to do it, but then decided that the new VTR must be just around the corner so I should hang on.....and I still am!
I'm 33 and you may have seen the custom blue vtr with SS2R cans on it(or maybe you've just heard it.... :P ) Every now and then it has hard saddlebags or brand new red body work on it as well if I am touching up the blue. Drop me a line at workagogo69@hotmail.com sometime when you are heading out for a ride.
Cheers, Bruce