Photo Radar

General Bike chat
CaperJ

Photo Radar

Post by CaperJ »

Anyone got any tricks or tips on beeting the photo radar I hear if you bend your plate 30 degrees its enough to reflect the flash in the picture and they will not be able to see your plate when they develop. Any comments or tips/tricks please pass em on.

NZred

Post by NZred »

There is a product that consists of small glass like beads that you sprinkle/glue over the entire face of your rego plate. They are supposed to defuse the light,.. but have limitations.
Another is a thick plastic like cover (fibre optic I think) that only allows the plate to be visable from within about 15 degrees either side of directly in line (square ) to the plate.

both are illegal.. but what the heck... :roll:
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
DD

Get a detector

Post by DD »

Get a detector and a Laser jammer if you can aford it. Last year I brought a Passport 8500 The best you can buy for a bike. It has exelent detection on mobile camers but if you want to be warned of the pole camers then you would need a GPS detector. The other item I bought this year is a H.A.R.D system which is a wireless led light that fits in your helmet and recieves info from the detector just brilient. Or we could all slow down......Na that ain't gona happen.
cheers Darryl
philm

photo radars or multinovas

Post by philm »

Doing anything to your rego plate doesnt really work,as the cops will always catch you with it in situ.at some time or another.I had a diffuser type plastic sheet on my car plate and the cops noticed it from the other side of a dual carriageway and going in the opposite direction.They did a screaming u turn hit me with the flashing lites and booked me.Cost me
about $100 bucks for my effort.What really pees me off is the blatant
revenue raising tactics these so called law enforcers get up to.
In Australia at the moment all the labour govt.states are pushing for the
re-introduction of front number plates on motorcycles,in the guise of safer
roads/less speeding.Really all it's about, is that they are aware of the revenue they're not getting from bikers that wash over the speed limit,
be it intentional or not.Apparently they are looking at some tacky stickon
plastic type thingy which will have to attach to front fairing or the windscreen.Its going to be interesting to see how they're going to get the Harley boys to comply!!
Regards Philm 8O "Who me officer"
philm/Stormboy