new member confused

General Bike chat
busterlab

new member confused

Post by busterlab »

hi everybody i was looking forward to picking my new 2001 firestorm up from the shop on thursday but after reading several threads you have me thinking have i made the right bike choice,this will by my commuter as i have a bandit 12 also for sundays. am i worrying over nothing or does everybody suffer from cct trouble.also the mpg does not sound too good,i am having second thoughts! do you guys have any suggestions as to better fuel economy as far as i am aware the bike is bog standard. what do you suggest i should do to the bike first. all your comments are much appriciated and thanks for a great forum.
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

buy the storm m8 :D i've got a bandit 12 & i buy a winter bike every year to keep b12 clean, gsxr750,zxr750,gsx750f all 4 pot bikes then i got a cheap high milage(62k) storm,the bandit has only been used twice in the 7 weeks i've had storm i'm that impressed with it. BUY IT
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Of course Kaz never had any cct trouble in 28,000 miles..............cos she rides like a girl :lol: :lol:

I changed mine at about 20,000 cos I heard a ticking. Now think thats not too bad.

But risk of wreaked engine if they go. It would seem if you ride gentle, without hard shutting off the throttle they last. But hard riding, down through box from high speed is a risk.

If your really worried change them for manual tensioner.

Like Kaz said, dont worry............enjoy the ride. Some owners on american site have thousands of mile on the vtr............like 80,000 to 120,000 mile
it may be clever, but its not big.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Ooh, ooh cat fight!!

{Ben settles down with a bucket of popcorn} :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Never seen you on a bike...........its a myth........bet its a scooter :roll:
busterlab

Post by busterlab »

hi kaz and co i live in worsley just down the road from you old house,thanks for the info i am know sort of looking forward to picking it up tomorrow but does anybody know when they changed the tank size?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

busterlab wrote:hi kaz and co i live in worsley just down the road from you old house,thanks for the info i am know sort of looking forward to picking it up tomorrow but does anybody know when they changed the tank size?
Welcome aboard busterlab :!: :) I think if your new Storm has black clip-ons (handlebars) and they are the original fitments then your bike will have the bigger 19 ltr tank :!:

Chris.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:you want some beer with your popcorn there Ben? :wink:
Are you offering? :wink:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Well, Kaz think I'm going to be nice to you from now on....................but it will be boring cos no-one else plays quite like you.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Hi Busterlab. I only live in walkden. I use my bike for commuting all the time and i work near the airport the vtr is great in traffic, no clunking up and down the gears. my bike has covered 30k with no problems with cct's.
It just need regular oil change's.
Good luck. Stu
I may be BIG, but I am not clever.