General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Right own up who's is this?????

Post by sirch345 »

LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Why Chris?

I assume as you have a red bike too you want to see it up close to replicate its design? Each to their own eh? :lol:

Banana Man!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I dunno...

But it screams thrashed race bike put back on the road to me... full system, swing arm, immaculate but hideous bodywork, iffy "hide the dings and scratches" frame protectors... new tyres

I just can't believe somebody would actually intentionally paint it like that.

Was that the crime to own up to? Or the fact that somebody is selling up?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Why Chris?

I assume as you have a red bike too you want to see it up close to replicate its design? Each to their own eh? :lol:

Banana Man!
I wasn't meaning to sound as if I was knocking it, I did just wonder if it belonged to one of our members :!:

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

sirch345 wrote:

Banana Man!
I wasn't meaning to sound as if I was knocking it, I did just wonder if it belonged to one of our members :!:

Chris.
LOL yes you did because it looks like a pile of shi*t! LOL!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Squiffythewombat wrote:
sirch345 wrote:

Banana Man!

Chris.
LOL yes you did because it looks like a pile of shi*t! LOL!
LOL I suppose you're bound to think that, but I did on first seeing the small picture think it looked quite good :!:
dookie

Post by dookie »

I wouldnt be bothered about knocking it as its obviously feckin awful :D
There was a time i used to care
StevePJ

Post by StevePJ »

Thanks. I have spent a lot of time and money getting it to how i like it and you all slate it.

Just because my taste isn't the same as yours then its 'shite' is it you miserable bunch of *********
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't posted the post in the first place :!:

Steve,
I was genuinely only curious to see if it belonged to one of our members (as it did catch my eye when I first saw the advert) and give it a bit more publicity to help with finding a buyer, as there are members on here looking out for a Storm. I DID NOT POST IT ON HERE FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN THAT :!: :!: :!:

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

StevePJ wrote:Thanks. I have spent a lot of time and money getting it to how i like it and you all slate it.

Just because my taste isn't the same as yours then its 'shite' is it you miserable bunch of *********
Thats it, its how YOU LIKE IT!

Just because thats how you like it doesnt mean that a)everyone else thinks its good and b)people wont say what they think just because its yours!

Good luck selling it though, hope you get what you want!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

MrMastodon

Post by MrMastodon »

Yeah, agree with Timbo - looks pretty cool, but I think I'd rather have a shiny swingarm than a red one.

I certainly think there's been a few overly harsh remarks. Just because it's not against any particular rules to be so scathing, it doesn't make it ok, if you know what I mean. Oh and it's clear Sirch didn't mean to kick this all off too!

If I was looking for a new bike, I'd certainly be interested - and at 118BHP it would kick the arses of many VTRs around here too (mine at least)
Squiffythewombat

Timbo wrote:
[My 2 penneth]. People are often quick to slate something, especially on t'internet, obviously the ones on here slagging it didnt think the owner was around, shame on you!! How would you feel if someone was so scaithing about your beloved Storm?? Hmmmmm? Pretty pissed off i would bet. [/My 2 penneth]
This is where i would disagree! Its a forum and the opening title says "whos is this" so one would expect the owner to see the thread. You dont expect every artist to have his work adored by all, the same goes for bikes!

I stand by my opinion, it looks dump, and for the record many people have mocked the state of my bike (remmber my chain anyone?) so its swings and roundabouts.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MrMastodon wrote:Yeah, agree with Timbo - looks pretty cool, but I think I'd rather have a shiny swingarm than a red one.

I certainly think there's been a few overly harsh remarks. Just because it's not against any particular rules to be so scathing, it doesn't make it ok, if you know what I mean. Oh and it's clear Sirch didn't mean to kick this all off too!

If I was looking for a new bike, I'd certainly be interested - and at 118BHP it would kick the arses of many VTRs around here too (mine at least)
Thanks MrMastodon for your support, that was my last intention to up set anyone :!:

Chris.

Toby (Squiffy) Yes I remember the chain :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: