I've blown my fuse!!!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pete

Post by Pete »

RQ,

Yup, that sounds exactly like them all right. Shams the lot of 'em!!!

Any parts I ordered off them were either never ordered or turned out to be incorrect(as in they ordered the wrong bits). They also only half filled my forks back up after doing the fork seals on my last bike(they also dented one of my headers jacking the bike up).

Al,

It turns out that the diode wasn't causing the problem after all. I can et the engine to turn off the button, but as soon as I take my finger off it just dies. Would a dodgy regulator be causing that?

I'm at my wits end as I've pretty much exhausted my microscopic knowledge of electronics& motorbike mechanics and will have to leave it into a garage if I can't sort it by this weekend:(
Peter Brennan.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

need a bit more.
lets start here.

when you crank it on the starter button, is it actually firing or just turning over? if it fires do revs rise and then die once you release the button or wot?????

Del
Pete

Post by Pete »

Haven't been on in a while, but here's an update:

Got a mate of mine around to check out the bike(he's an aircraft technician) and over the course of a couple of hours he found the source of the problem.... the friggin' rectifier!!!!

It was blowing the main fuse & the diode.

Quick trip down to the local bikeparts shop and I had a new rectifier(€100), fitted it and hey presto I've got a running bike again!!!

I ordered in a new diode, but am still waiting on it.

Cheers for all your suggestions btw lads, much appreciated :)

Next stop... blade fork conversion!!!!!
Peter Brennan.