DILLIGAF poker run, nz

General Biker Banter
gcs

DILLIGAF poker run, nz

Post by gcs »

Hi guys, one of our biker groups is having a poker run today, and im actually going to go. Registration is before 10 am, costs $25 for badge and lunch last year around 80 bikes turned up. The weather (early summer) has been pretty sad so far, however the sun seems to be playing ball today, but forcast isnt great. ( Isuppose i may find out if the dririder suit i bought a few months is 100% waterproof, can handle 15 ks in a sustained downpour but hopefully we will be doin 3-400 ks at least) why am i making a deal out of this? its the first long run since feb this year ive even been serious about doing. I was to busy to go to the burt munro rally weekend, which was great by all accounts only marred by extreamly strong winds. Well ill let ya know how it went later .
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Sounds like good fun mate, have a good one, dodge the shi**y weather.

Mark
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I hope you enjoy it, what ever the weather :!: :D

Chris.
gcs

Post by gcs »

It was a great run, bike didnt give any problems. Around 120 people turned up so around 110 bikes from a GN 250 and fz 150 to one of those road warrier 1400 thingies (pretty awesome bike) plus HDs (probably 60% turnout) and a couple of guzzies,couple of dukes, 2 vtrs and all the rest, brilliant turnout really. Weather held out but a bit cool, one rain/hail shower of about 10 minutes but that was all. We covered 250 +
kms ( dont know for sure as i reset odo and didnt take note) I was a we bit disapointed with the lack of corners in the route taken( southland has many straights, and we did most of them) but it was great fun anyway.I took photos and if they are any good ill post some up.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good one Craig :!: 8) Sounds like you did enjoy it :D

Look forward to seeing the pic's if they're any good :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

I was a we bit disapointed with the lack of corners in the route taken( southland has many straights, and we did most of them)

That will have kept the HD boys happy at any rate :lol:

Glad you had a good run
gcs

Post by gcs »

yes you are right, bit sad really.. the run showed promise in the first ride, nice and bendy, but I spent that ride seeing how people were going to behave, see the slow ones, and the fast ones and find out where I fit in.. bugger if I wasnt a medium fast one...the other three runs were all flat straight and few bends. some started at the back and always finished in front, with a few dodgy moves along the way. I usually started mid pack, but picked off many to end up close to the front, with out offending any one too much.Mostly carried more speed into a corner, so when they slowed ( which they did..alot) I whiped around them and powered off, laughing all the way. The corners were little more than slight bends, and you could see all the way throu, so no problem.( I dont consider myself a hard/quick rider, just ride at my own pace, just happend to be a bit quicker than most that day).
Any way some bad luck happened for a few. A Benelli hit a sheep (sheep died) but stayed upright, slight damage to levers, I think he finished the run.A CBR blade droped a chain, and a harly sh1t its self so pretty good really. All in all a great run , told mrs gcs i wanted to do it again today, but spent the day cutting and shredding trees to tidy up before Xmas.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good man Craig, you've got to keep the Mrs happy :D