BU@@ER!

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

BU@@ER!

Post by VTRgirl »

Well, it was bound to happen... Consider me licenceless :cry:

Not sure how you guys operate, but in Oz we have a system where we not only get fined, but accumulate demerit points when we get busted... These are magically reinstated three years after the infringement date. If you accumulate 12 or more, your licence is I Dream of Jeanied. Poooof! Gone.

I believe we can pick either a 3 month suspension, or a 12 month "good behavior" period where it's double or nothing, ie, you retain your licence, but with no more points and if you stuff up, it's 6 months total driving/riding ban.

On Friday, I went on a decent ride with OzFireStorm. Pretty good day all up. Got my new exhausts fitted in the afternoon before following two of the fellas to the Coast for a party. I had no idea where I was, so wasn't entirely keen on losing my guides. Unforrrrrtunately, that saw me run a bit of a red light with an unmarked copper right behind me (re light = $135 + 3 points, so I've just learnt... :roll: ) :evil: .

This left me feeling pretty sorry for myself, as I contemplated the next very boring 18 months with zero points. Nevertheless, the lads cheered me up a tad & I left yesterday to ride home through the mountains at an enforced leisurely pace :roll: ...

Naturally, I got booked again a few kilometres from home doing 120 in a 100 zone. I didn't even bother asking the number of points (I'm thinking something like four or six), but it's another $150. I believe it's double points for speeding at the moment, anyway due to school holidays.

Bu@@er! Bu@@er! Bu@@er! Two fines in less than 24 hours, to add to the two others I've had over the last couple of months.

New Bike. New Exhausts. No Licence.

And a very happy new year to everyone... :x
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
chaz

Post by chaz »

dear, dear, dear who's been a naughty girl then :oops:

same principle as over here then, fine plus points although some points can be offset by attending a nominated training school (not necessarily in your area) that if you opt for but dont get there the points go on anyway.
the fine stays whichever.

13 points in 3 years and its a ban, drink driving or over the ton and its an instant ban, although some footballers get away with it by using a good lawyer!

I picked up a sp60 4 years ago doing 92 on a 70 dual carriageway, 3 points plus £45 at the time. I was told I could contest it but I would come away with worse. So I accepted.
3 years are over now , I could then pay to have the points removed but as we moved house and a new address had to be put on the licence I got away without paying!!
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

take off number plate, ride like the wind and dont stop
it may be clever, but its not big.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: BU@@ER!

Post by cupasoop »

VTRgirl wrote:Naturally, I got booked again a few kilometres from home doing 120 in a 100 zone. I didn't even bother asking the number of points (I'm thinking something like four or six), but it's another $150. I believe it's double points for speeding at the moment, anyway due to school holidays.
Eh, did I read that right? Is that legal?
Rich.

dunk4230

Post by dunk4230 »

That is total crap girl sorry to hear it keep your chin up we`ve all done it before and will probably do it again
Happy new year
Ill Sleep When I Die
VTRgirl

Re: BU@@ER!

Post by VTRgirl »

cupasoop wrote:Eh, did I read that right? Is that legal?
Yeah, you read ride, Cupa 8O . I think in some states, they double the fine as well.

And Chaz, we have the instant bans as well, for certain circumstances. 40km or more over the limit, and I some DUI (Driving Under the Influence) as well. So many people drive/ride around unlicenced though. Time & time again the paper's got stories about people going to court for their fourth disqualified driving offence or whatever. Can't see myself doing it though. Only get in deeper if you're caught (& not in a good way :? )

Oh well... Guess I was asking for it.

Doing the night shift in Emergency tonight for New Years, so that should take my mind off it! :lol:

Have a good one, everybody!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

VTR Girl said
New Bike. New Exhausts. No Licence.
Ouch!! 8O
Talk about being given a new toy and not being able to play with it 8O That's nasty :cry:

Pete.l
trebs

Post by trebs »

so..

How much you want for those new exhausts then?

:)
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Well thats really crap VTRgirl, im sorry to hear that!

Maybe think of the money in fuel you will save, put it all in a jar and then do some MENTAL track days?? off road school or something?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Aye, that does suck mightily.

Still, you can spend the saved petrol etc cash on making your bike the sexiest in Oz. Slap a 1000RR Blade front end on it, top banana shock, sexy bodywork and paint etc.

Then, when its finished, you'll be road legal again.

Alternatively, I'm sure there are plenty of tracks, strips and priuvate farm estates where you can ride licence or not.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
curly

Post by curly »

trebs wrote:so..

How much you want for those new exhausts then?

:)
Don't you just love sympathy!!!! :lol:
gcs

Post by gcs »

Sad to hear about that.. :cry: :cry:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

trebs wrote:...How much you want for those new exhausts then?
Swap ya for your licence!

Yeah, it's a bummer.

Ironically, though, if I hadn't have got the second fine, I would've been running on empty for over 18 months. So really, I'm much better off having been caught twice. Even if I take the 12 month option. Either way, I get my licence back as good as new after my "punishment"...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry too hear about your close encounters with the long arm of the law VTRgirl :!: but I am pleased you have adopted a very positive attitude going by your last post which is good :!:

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Was just given a late Christmas present... A snazzy push-bike :roll:

(Look out Kitch, I'm coming to getcha!)

Interestingly though, it was bought BEFORE I got cozy with the boys in blue!

:lol: :lol: :lol: