End of my tether...

General Biker Banter
Seeker 77

End of my tether...

Post by Seeker 77 »

I don't know what else to do. I bought an ipod repair service on ebay, sent it him, he sent i back, it still didn't work. I sent i back as per his instructions and now he won't return it and won't reply to any emails. This is the gits' address

Paperplanes (Scotland) Limited
161-4 High Street
Dalkeith
Midlothian
EH22 1BB

Anyone know of it?

Have tried Paypal resolution, have tried Squaretrade. No joy, where to next? I live in Germany now and can't go and see him. Will the police be interested?
Max

Post by Max »

Trusting a man from north of the border, it always ends in tears.
Gordon Brown, Tony Blair need I go on.......
Max

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Is there a contact number ? - If so try ringing him first.....politely then if that gets no joy...then advise him you'll be passing it to a solicitor to deal with.
Sometimes the threat of that can help ?? - It will cost you if you use one(don't know how much) but I suppose it depends on the value of the goods etc...

Otherwise it might be as well to write it off to experience and give him some seriously negative feedback

(BTW Max.....I'd rather trust a man from North of the Border than an Iron Lady from Grantham :!: .....For those of you too young to remember life with 15% Interest Rates, Recession, Poll Tax etc etc look it up in the history books circa 1979 - 1996)
Wroey

Post by Wroey »

Just had a quick browse on Google, and the company also appear to own http://www.funkupyourfone.com/index.html - It's registered to the same address you gave in Dalkeith, so they must have hands in a few pies.

Might be worthwhile sending an e-mail to Trading Standards, just seeing what advice they can give. You never know, if you start sending him/her e-mails quoting consumer acts & all that jazz, they may just get their butt into gear ! Its worth a go ....
dunk4230

Post by dunk4230 »

Just tell him you friends with a load of hairy arsed bikers that are going to come knocking on his door if he dosen`t return your Ipod within 5 working days
Ill Sleep When I Die
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

It all becomes clear.........

Check out the top entry

https://www.ukdata.com/company-credit-r ... MITED.html

Looks like he's gone bankrupt

Thieving git. Thanks for all your suggestions, but no-one seems interested. CAB said that they are facing hundreds of these enquiries every day but the courts are fairly reluctant to do anything about it due to the nature of the internet.

Timbo, if you happen to go down the high street in Dalkeith, please chuck a Molotov in the window!

Will put that one down to experience...........
Wroey

Post by Wroey »

Sorry to hear you've been mugged like that mate, scheming gits !

They obviously knew they were in financial difficulties, so why they did they keep accepting I-Pods for repair ? As you say, guess that one goes down as experience as there is probably very little you can do now.

Are I-Pods cheaper in Germany ? If not, im sure somebody in your family would oblidge with getting you one if you sent them the money. Failing that, give me a shout and we'll sort summat for you ....
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

ACTUALLY theres quite a lot you can do:

1) If hes gone bankrupt get in contact with the administrator in charge and state your claim. You might not get the full amount but a bankrucy will force him to sell all assets to pay outstanding debts. You are one of these debts.

2) Any transaction conducted on ebay is 100% legal. Dont let trading standards or any other body tell you differnetly (im sure the tax man thinks the same thing). Also save any emails back and forth between you and the seller! Its important to retain the email headers too as these are proof of receipt.

3) A strike off action is printed in the local press by law, by contacting the paper they will give you the tel. number of the admin office.

4) If he has applied for an IVA or is actually going bankrupt he would of known this was going to happen for several months in which case continuing to keep customers goods is VERY illegal, the officer in charge of the admin will want to hear about this.

5) Trading standards are unlikelly to waste time with a bankrupcy and will pass this onto the desired body!

6) If the ebayer has still got the goods and you can prove this via the emails paypal HAVE TO do a chargeback for you. This is stated in their own COS.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Thanks Squiffy, I will continue to do some more digging! Cheers mate :)
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

no worries dude, if you need a hand let me know! Ive had to deal with several situations like this!

Best tip is never ever let anybody put you on hold or call you back because they wont lol!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Gordon Brown, Tony Blair need I go on.......
Since when has our beloved leader been Scottish?

Sorry to hear about the probs mellis
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry too hear about all the hassle Mellis :!:

15% interest rates, wasn't that in John Major's rein, iirc it was called Black Wednesday :!:

Chris.
Max

Post by Max »

Stratman wrote:
Since when has our beloved leader been Scottish?
Since the 6th of May 1953

ps many appologies to our Scotish contingent, my original comment was meant to be aimed at Blair etc not the average Scotsman it just came out of my fingers wrong.
Max

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Since the 6th of May 1953

Well bugger me I never knew that! I thought he was from up north somewhere (you know, north of Watford)
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Max

Post by Max »

I only knew cause I'm 6th of May as well, Edinburgh I believe he was born but I'm probably wrong.
Max