What type of seat??

General Bike chat
Firerider

What type of seat??

Post by Firerider »

Looking for some input. I have a 1998 Superhawk/Firestorm and have found that after about 1hour in the saddle is about all that I can take :x , especailly in the hot weather! I have heard of seargent and corbin seats and was wondering what brand you might recomend. By the way I am not a big guy 5'10" 180#. Any input is appreciated :lol:
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hi there

I have the same problem on my Firestorm and my Blackbird. I brought a Corbin seat for the Blackbird - I can now do a 3 hour stint without any problems.

Totally recommended.

Only down side is the profile of the seat steals a bit of leg length (shouldnt be a problem for you) plus hanging off and changing direction quickly doesnt feel right (again due to the seat profile)

Cheers
Wayne
andy c

Post by andy c »

after an hour i'm ready for fuel so i have a fag break and then ready to go again

andy
VTR Fritz

Post by VTR Fritz »

andy c wrote:after an hour i'm ready for fuel so i have a fag break and then ready to go again

andy
same when I´m riding..
after one hour I fill up + smoking break, so the stop takes ~10 minutes. this should be enough for relaxing my a**

fritz
philm

What type of seat

Post by philm »

Hi firerider
ref your query on what seat for the 'storm,I am on my second firestorm
now and I can recommend the Corbin seat,especially for longer distance rides.I virtually put a new Corbin seat on my first 'storm when I had it from new and found that i could just about keep riding all day without a
lot of discomfort.I live in Western Australia and in 2000 rode to the Motogp
at Phillip Island in Victoria a distance of some 3500klms.Most days I would be on the bike for no less than 8-9 hours with a break for lunch and the occasional Piss/smoke stop! I found the Corbin to be a lot easier to live with than the original Honda seat.
On my present bike a 2002 'storm,I persisted with the Honda seat for approx 6 months and found like you, that after about an hour or so,your
elbow was telling you to get off and have a break! It will undoubtedly be different in the States,but I have only just taken receipt of my new Corbin
seat for this bike.I ordered the seat in January this year and it only arrived here a couple of weeks ago!
I dont know anything about the Seargent seat,although I have heard of them.I know both Corbin and Seargent companys have web sites if you
are looking for an idea of how they look on the bike.
Anyway the bottom line is that I am very happy with my Corbin seat.
Regards philm/stormboy
philm/Stormboy
NZred

Post by NZred »

8O
I priced a Corbin and Sargent seat :? bugger,.. they are so expensive.. :roll: a bit past my budget.. about two weeks pay..
maybe I need a better paying job ?
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/