Hello, new boy here :)

General Biker Banter
elbe

Hello, new boy here :)

Post by elbe »

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I Just recently bought myself my first VTR after having had a z750 and CBR600 before that and have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the beast; in fact I've nicknamed it the kraken, mainly because it has twin cut-down scorpion race cans on it that make it the loudest bike I've ever heard.... think Leon Haslam on the BSB Ducati snarling around Brands, okay don't do that, I'm crap and he's good, but it is that loud. In fact loath as I am, I'm going to baffle them as I find myself setting off most car alarms down the streets as I pass by and my neighbours curtains fly open when I head to work at 6:30am.

Anyway, enough of my waffling.

Cheers for now.

Lee
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

Welcome mate. Get some pics up mate i wanna see it.
To stupid to live to young to die.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Lee
:D Welcome Aboard :D
Cut down Scorpions 8O I'll bet they sound a bit good on the over run :wink:

Pete.l
elbe

Post by elbe »

I'll try to pop some pics up in a week or so, renovating the house right now and I have no idea where my camera is amongst the mess sadly. It's a custom Rossi Dream Machine paint job, I think it's pretty good myself, but then again I would :wink:

Before I baffle it I'll try to record it and stick it on you tube, it really is one fruity sounding machine.

The only issues I have with it currently are that it has cut out a couple of times on idle at traffic lights and there's paint mottling on the forks from road abuse, but it's a 98 bike can't expect too much :)

Cheers

Lee
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

I had the same thing at the lights. Try turnin your idle up as that worked for me. If you do want to turn it up look at the bike from the brake lever side and look under the petrol tnk and you'll see a turny thingy(sorry brain int workin) just djust that to make it idle higher. If you need pics of where it is ill get some up for you.
To stupid to live to young to die.
dookie

Post by dookie »

Welcome dude , why not get some cans with removable baffles ? the best of both worlds.
There was a time i used to care
alan

Post by alan »

Welcome mate the louder the better i say!!
elbe

Post by elbe »

Thanks Bondy, I'll check it in the morning, will come back sheepish if I can't find it :wink:

I've ordered these MIVV db killers which can be removed as required, they're the same baffles as I had in my stubby mivv can on the zed:

http://www.carpimoto.it/content/prod/l_ ... lencer.htm
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Howdy from Down Under, Lee (& no, for the rest of you, that's not a "howdy" from down under Lee :roll: )

I've had the same issue at the lights on occasion. I think it's a Storm thing. Will have to go looking for that "turny thing" myself...

Anyway, welcome to the deep end. I recently had some custom pipes made & revved the guy for not making them loud enough. He's taking them back this week & putting a racing end on them. Reckons the cops will be on their way within 15 seconds of starting her up... :twisted:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
elbe

Post by elbe »

Hiya VTRGirl,

I can vouch that that's not a howdy from 'down under me' :wink:

I thought about replacing these exhausts but I'm happy with the cans I have already, they look great but we'll see if I can get these baffles and try them out, if they sound too quiet I'll just keep the kraken as it is and accept no neighbours talking to me (probably a good thing anyway) :)

Cheers

Lee
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

*woof!*

hey :)

Steady stream of new VTR owners seeing the light it seems.

Welcmoe on board... (oh... and autoglym works wonders on fork legs)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

elbe wrote:The only issues I have with it currently are that it has cut out a couple of times on idle at traffic lights and there's paint mottling on the forks from road abuse, but it's a 98 bike can't expect too much :)
Ello Lee, welcome abaord.

Cutting out........they all do that to some extent. Keeping the carbs in balance helps.
Rich.

Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

That.s because your's is afraid of you Kaz..it wouldn't dare.. :wink:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Yep, welcome aboard Lee.

Mines a 98 too.

I was talking bikes with some mates from our club last night - the fact that new sports 1000's are just too much for the road (and bloody uncomfortable to boot) and that the 750 class was probably perfect. I said that in fact something like the Storm was the perfect "midway" - no revving your nuts off like a sports 600 (fun for a while, but not for 1500 miles in a weekend when you just want to get home) and the more manic thou's which would cream the Storm on the track, but for me the Storm is plenty fast enough for the road - especially if you lower the gearing a tad (plenty of threads on here about that too!)
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

HI lee welcome aboard, only just joined in meself after getting Stormed up in August '06.....Good ain't they!

Not got one of them slow Yella ones 'ave you? :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...