Blue tooth info required

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Blue tooth info required

Post by sirch345 »

I'm trying to send a ring tone from my old mobile phone to my new one using Bluetooth.

What I would like to know is what is the next move? I have activated the Bluetooth devices on both phones, but that is as far as I have got so far :!:

Any advice would be very much appreciated :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
BIG STEVE

Post by BIG STEVE »

i AM SURE SOME PHONE GURU WILL PROVE ME WRONG !!!

But i think your next move is to go into your "gallery" find your tone, then in options it should give the otion of "send" and then "via bluetooth" and other options such as multimedia.

choose the bluetooth option, if i remember right the recieving phone will ask if you are happy to be recieving from the sending phone .....accept and bobs your uncle :D

All this is from memory mind so i hope it works ? One of the techie types in my office showed me once when i was trying to get some better tones for my nokia (dukes of haszzard horn.....coool)

Steve
sh1t HAPPENS !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for your reply Steve, I'll have another look but I think that was the problem, I couldn't seem to find the option (for the ring tone) to send it via bluetooth :!:

Yeah, I remember the Dukes of Hazzard horn 8) excellent :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Sometimes you can send a ringtone, other times you can't find them to send - depends on how it was saved.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Steve and Mike for your advice :!:

Your are right Steve for my new phone (Sony Ericsson) you do have the option to send via Bluetooth if you go to the 'ring tones' once the Bluetooth is activated, I tried it out and it works very well.

The problem I have is with the Motorola V3, (Perhaps Kaz can help me out with this one :?: seeing as you use to own a V3, or Tony Wilde for that matter ) I can't find that same option on there in 'ring tones' once the Bluetooth has been activated :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:Sometimes you can send a ringtone, other times you can't find them to send - depends on how it was saved.
Thanks for that info Paul, but this 'ring tone' can be sent, the reason I know is that my 12yo newphew sent it to his phone via Bluetooth last month. I could ask him (don't you just feel a complete numpty when you have to ask a 12yo how to do something :oops: ) but I don't see him very often :!:

Cheers,

Chris.
delta1

Post by delta1 »

on your motorola go to whatever you want to send then in the options goto 'copy' then it should bring up options to bluetooth it to another device, hope this helps mate :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

delta1 wrote:on your motorola go to whatever you want to send then in the options goto 'copy' then it should bring up options to bluetooth it to another device, hope this helps mate :)
Cheers Delta for trying to help :!: but that's just it, when I go to what I want to send I can't seem to find any options (it's probably just me :!: ) I'll have another fiddle (ooh eer missis )

Cheers,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

All sorted now :!:

Many thanks guy's for all your advice, what I was not doing was bringing up another menu, the 'Sounds menu' I only find it by chance by pressing another button, I think I'd tried every other one but this one :!:

So I'm happy now :D

Cheers,

Chris.