It may be trivial but things like this annoy me!!!

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

It may be trivial but things like this annoy me!!!

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Maybe I'm getting old and less patient, but I bought a new set of gloves at the Excel bike show a short while back. Not a lot of money, but a nice comfy feel (and yellow and black to match the 'Storm of course :roll: ). I used them today and as it was warm today my hands were a bit warm too.
Took my hand out of the left one and the liner came with it. Now, it is just a question of getting all the fingers and the thumb of the liner pushed back into the right finger/thumb hole ( 8O ) but it did take a while and annoyed the heck out of me esecially as I was at the 'Storms favourite place; my local Shell forecourt!!!
Anyone else have things like that happen that annoy them (now that is asking for trouble)?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You were all fingers & thumbs then L7!

I know what you mean tho, when your hands get a bit sweaty it often pulls the liner out & the bugger never goes back in right does it! It then becomes a niggle that just bugs you for the rest of the ride!

Mac :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Yeah waterproof black and yellow belstaff.......leaked like a tea stainer.........dye ran........black into yellow...........oh and into me..........looked like a zebra
it may be clever, but its not big.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Well if you had a 'handle' like Sunmaker it might not have done that!!!

You reminded me of a long forgotten tale from my 'youf' (back in about 1977) when riding a GT250 Suzi). I had a Belstaff waxed jacket that was actually quite good, but my crutch never stayed dry when it rained. The rain always funnelled along the tank and stopped you know where................ I'm sure you know what I mean!!!
Anyway, I had a set of black leather gaunlets as they were called then. They had nice dark blue sheepskin inners and I remember getting absolutely soaked on a particularly trecherous wet ride home on a Sunday night from visiting a girl friend (I was 18 and in lurve). Got in about 1.30am and went straight to bed having dried out a bit with a towel etc.
Next morning I was shocked to find my hands were dark blue. The damn dye had run and stained my hands. I'd not noticed it the night before when I was creeping in the house trying not to wake my parents. Scrub as I might that dye really didn't want to come out and there were still traces of it between my fingers two weeks later. :lol:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I have the same problem with my so-called water-proof boots :roll:

Slightest hint of a shower or a bit of sweat & the whole liner follows my foot on the way out. Never goes back in quite the same. Grrr!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Do Queensland waterproof boots have individual toe holes too then ha ha?
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Nah mate, that'd never work

The web between their toes would get caught :D
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I think you find they all do (waterproof ones that is) because if the liner was attached to the outer it would also breach the waterproof membrane.

Always get wet anyway even with cuffs over the gloves as the wind blows the water back up anyway eventually!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Well, my Sidi black rain boots only let in a smidge of damp after an hour on the motorway in torrential rain.

My Oxtar TCS evo gore tex dont let any in. At all. Ever.

My Frank Thomas Aqua gloves don't let any damp in either.

And my linings are all still in place, which for the Sidi's and gloves are 4 years old.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Stratman.
You are probably right re liners not attached in the w/prrof gloves. Still annoying though!

Kitch
You're just a lucky clever basket!!!!!!! :lol:
Must say my Sidi boots are fine but then they are only about a year old from eBay so.......... :D
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Lotus & Stormin...

:P
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?