Little mishap today - few bits needed!

General Biker Banter
Rob

Little mishap today - few bits needed!

Post by Rob »

Came off an island in the wet, next thing I know I was fishtailing down the road and doing pretty well until I hit the kerb. Chap following me said a car cut me up and I locked the back wheel, but I really cannot remember anything from leaving the island to sitting on my butt. Scary!

Left elbow very swollen, but otherwise ok, luckily. Even the bike's not too bad considering I must have been doing 50+ (it was a large island/dual carriageway) So where's the best place to get a few bits to fix her up? (02 model - which I've had from new and was immaculate)

Rode it home, so not to serious - it needs a LH fairing panel, front mudguard, LH mirror, (indicator but I was going to get some LED one's anyway), gear select lever, clutch lever and amazingly the Blue Flame exhaust pipe is virtually worn through, but the can itself has very little damage! Small scratch on the clutch cover but not worth replacing. Probably a few more little bits but I couldn't examine it too closely yet :(

Only been riding for about 7 years and never had a spill before. I suppose it had to happen eventually - just glad it was nothing serious. Will be back on her very soon hopefully.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Bummer, Rob. You'll be a lot sorer before you'll start feeling better.

I'm not much help with the bits needed since I'm on the other side of the globe, but hoping you & the steed are both in top nick again soon.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
kevg

Post by kevg »

Sorry to hear of your off mate.
i think blu flame are pretty good for after sales service, i'd give them a call and see what they can do to re-skin the can, i think Simon T has had experience with them before with repairs.
other than that ebay is your best friend for a few weeks.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry too hear of your mishap Rob :!:
A speedy recovery to you and the bike :!: :)

Ebay as already mentioned is one possiblity :!:

Chris.
dookie

Post by dookie »

Bad luck Rob , nearly of myself the other day , turning right out of busy junction didnt notice strip of gravel in middle of the road next thing im lent over in first , back wheel lit up and about 3 foot out of line 8O
snapped back when it gripped and nearly fecked me over the high side , gave me spuds a good thwack on the tank but managed to stay on.
Years falling of motorcrossers seems to have payed of :D

And your left hand fairing prob m8 , at the mo im looking at buying a full fairing of fleabay to replace my right hand panel which got damaged falling of its stand , if i win it ill have a left hand panel spare .
If i win m8 ill let you know , buy the way what colour is your storm?
be easier if it was red , which of coarse is the best colour anyway :twisted:
There was a time i used to care
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for all the replies! I'll start looking for bits in a couple of days. Most the bits can wait and I can gradually change them to get it back to top condition.

Colour is Yellow (Bright Yellow) code Y163.

Anyone used http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

One more quick question - my bike is 02 registered but the paperwork states it is an FY model. Anyway of telling exactly what model it is before I start buying bits and pieces? Or wouldn't it matter?
kevg

Post by kevg »

mine is the same as yours, its an 02 yellow y163 paint code.
the year code for mine is an F02 though.

FY was the previous year i think, the parts should all be the same if your looking for levers, faring mudguard and pegs, i think, the tank could be different, mine is a 19 litre, and the bike has digital clocks and fuel gauge,

not sure what changes were made between the models at this point, think it was black bars, bigger tank, digital clocks, different colour options, change of colour for the brake calipers and wheels, mainly cosmetic.

i ordered stuff from david silvers for my winter servicing and had no probs with them, next day delivery for some of the parts and helpfull on the phone.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I've always had excellent service from David Silver :!: :D

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Sorry to hear that too.
Insurance man would say "Oooh about five grand damage"!!!!!!
Hope rebuild goes well and glad you're OK.
From my recent 'Off' it is a bit of a shock isn't it? 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Max

Post by Max »

David Silver are good, I ordered some front discs on Tuesday afternoon 1600 and they arrived 0900 next morning.
Max

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Max wrote:David Silver are good, I ordered some front discs on Tuesday afternoon 1600 and they arrived 0900 next morning.
That's what I call an excellent service Max :!: You can't really beat that :!: 8)

Chris.
Benny

Post by Benny »

Sorry to hear about the spill Rob, glad you're ok.

If you decide not to put LEDs on it, I've just replaced my indicators so have a full standard set if you need 'em.