100mph pheasant bursting eeek!

General Bike chat
thetyrant

100mph pheasant bursting eeek!

Post by thetyrant »

Hi all,
Went for a blast around the lakes tonight to de-stress after a sh1t day at work....cruising along minding my own business when.....BANG!.... hit a damn pheasant that deceided to comit suicide into the side of my bike!...hit the git at about 100mph 8O....broke off front left indicator, cracked fairing very slightly and then burst itself into 2 bits on my leg..OUCH!...its blood and sh1t everywhere...indicator hanging on by only its wires and a very sore leg :x...still at least i managed to stay on and get pulled over ok i suppose.

Anyone got any spare indicator bodys ?

Cheers

Ian
Cumbria - It may be quiet but it has some of the best roads in the world :-)

98 VTR1000 Firestorm in Yellow - Micron Race carbon cans, Ohlins shock, Revolution Fork upgrade.....
94 Mitsubishi Evo2 - 2.3stroker @ 1.8 bar, 400bhp & 420 Ft/lbs..eeek
RQ

Post by RQ »

Dear God you were lucky, I was only thinking of that the other day when passing a low flying flock when I was low flying as well and wondered what it would be like. Sorry I'm of no help with the indicator request, but that's one damn impressive story for the pub !!
Ronan.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Bloody hell - I bet that made you jump!

I've got an indicator you can have (your favour repayments are mounting up!!) Its the old style indicator - not the new hex shape.

Whats you address again Ill get it off to you.

cheers
Wayne
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Did exactly the same, only doing 70...ish not sure who was more surprised, the bird or me.

The little bugger came out of nowhere, did my undies change colour.....oh yes, damage to the bike was limited, busted indicator, major damage to pheasant, write off.

These birds are sooooo stupid :roll:

Phil
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

Yer it certainly makes you jump alright...nasty.

Thanks for the offer Wayne but Geoff has sent me one up i believe, i thought you cancelled out the favours so far with not suppling that lug for the rear cowl :D hehe

Cheers

Ian
Cumbria - It may be quiet but it has some of the best roads in the world :-)

98 VTR1000 Firestorm in Yellow - Micron Race carbon cans, Ohlins shock, Revolution Fork upgrade.....
94 Mitsubishi Evo2 - 2.3stroker @ 1.8 bar, 400bhp & 420 Ft/lbs..eeek
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Oh good point! We're square then! :lol:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I had a similar scare with a Dear.
The bloody thing came out ok no where. Fortunately the car going the other way got it first.

Glad you stayed on and are unhurt. M&S do a nice range of undies :lol:
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

One cold and wet night coming out of reading heading towards hook I ran over a dear at about a 100mph on my cbr I sh1t myself and it put a flat side on my rim :cry: .Just last week my mate had a bird hit him in the visor at 40mph on a moors road in scotland(jock birds are mad 8O )and he binned it,bike was not a pretty sight :evil: .
Sorry to hear your news,if its not 4wheel boxes its wildlife :? .Still sounds like you were lucky :wink: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.