New TOY

General Bike chat
Zer0Zer0

New TOY

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

bought this this morning T plate 99...19000mls. service history.years mot 8mths tax, nearly new tyres and front discs. got a double bubble and a new speedo sensor in the post..just need to get insurance sorted and i'm mobile again..paid £2200...rides nice, :D :D sounds awesome..

Image :twisted:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

It does at that

Like the RS250 style cans
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Locks great mate. Buy a couple of honda stickers off fleebay and you'll be on the road 8O

How are your injuries doing? Healing well I hope!
kevg

Post by kevg »

looks good matey, see you out on the road sometime.
cheerz

kev
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Are you missing something...........ITS ITALIAN, you'll be fixing it more than riding it

Only say that cos I'm a bit green with envy.............
bonerp

Post by bonerp »

beauty. i was looking for one of those but couldnt find one any good!!!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Good to see you back up and running Martin.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Lovely looking bit fo kit Marty. :D
You'll have to do us a write up compairing the Storm to the Kwak and the Aprilla after you get used to it.
Nice one
Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Marty 8) 8) 8)

It didn't take you very long to get back to a 'V' twin that's for sure :!: although I expect you would have liked a less painful change over :wink:

Look forward too hearing your opinion on the new black beast :D

Chris.
alan

Post by alan »

Very nice Marty wanna swap???
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

got insurance.. and the speedo sensor arrived this morning. so once fitted it was off for a razzzzzz.. started from cold on the button.let her warm up 50c and off we go..got to slip the clutch a little in second to get her going.[must remember first gear for lights and junctions :roll: ] the Mille race cans are so much louder than anything iv'e had on any bike. absoloutely spine tingling.[need to buy earplugs]
it pulls from nothing.[like the storm],only you can feel the extra horses, the standard suspension is way better than the storm,feels almost as good as my "Rogered" storm did. feels way quicker off the mark than the zx9, but safer,the accelleration on the zed was bonkers fast, and i didn't feel that i had to push down on the pegs to stay on,as i do on the Mille. [maybe the double bubble will help?] . effortless ride, fantastic [so far] in corners. feels really stable [steering damper] ,and the thing i really missed about not having a twin.
Engine braking..iv'e come up well short on a few bends today, and had to speed up before i even got to the bend. whereas on the zx9 in comparison felt like it had no engine braking at all..and i was rolling off at my usual markers, and the Mille was rolling to a stop at the point i would be tipping the zx9 in at. wont take me long to get used to the Powah of the twin again once iv'e remembered how to ride one, :lol: :lol: love the Brembo brakes, bags of feel and real bite ,far more urgent than the zx9s and no fade, and the brakes on the zx9 are superb. cant get as far forward on the Mille as i could on the zx9 or the storm, so it gets a bit light at the front when exiting corners on the powah!..well then so far so good..oh the Mille runs very hot and the coolant is at max level, when i got home today and switched off i could smell that overheated waterless engine smell and the temp gauge read 111c the frame was hot to touch and i had to leave the ignition on to let the fans cool off the bike, think i may have a waterpump issue....oh well :wink:
glynmitch

Post by glynmitch »

£2200? 8O That's a lot of bike for the money. Is it the one that was on Ebay recently?

If I do change my storm it will be for something similar but I'm loving mine right now :D
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Glynmitch..yeah thats the one. one of the local lads up here had it on fleabay as a classified.i'd been out on rideouts with him on a couple of occasions he rides an rsv.r 03 ,so i had a look and a ride and made him an offer :wink:

further to the overheating thing i discovered that the bottom hose on the waterpump had come loose./fell off . i managed to get the hose back onto the pump but i cant budge the circlip back up the hose because it's behind the frame and i dont have a 90deg socket attachment, Fkinell... :evil:
dont think ill risk a ride into town, knowing my luck the hose will fall off and i'll seize the thing. i spent three hours today trying to get the dammned thing on , so i dont think ill be draining it ..removing the panels, lifting the fuel tank. and skinning my last two unscathed knuckles. Even though it's a cracking day up here, i just cant be arsed.. :(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

In interesting write up on your new machine Marty :!: 8) All in all you sound pretty pleased with it so far, although I realise it's early day's yet until you re-adjust yourself to the 'V' twin style :!: I hope you get your hose clip sorted soon, as you say best not to risk it until you have :!:

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Dont go breaking this one now :wink:
Rich.