FUTTOCKS !!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
YETI

FUTTOCKS !!

Post by YETI »

Just been out for a sunday spin and got mesmerised by a GSXR1000 we had a bit a rough and tumble, but un known to me.......
sneaky PC PLAIN BIKE!! took a likin to me and clocked me at 133mph :( down the billingshurst by-pass... FUTTOCKS !!!!!
think im gonna loose my licence :cry: for a while / FUTTOCKS !!!.
Anyone else had this sorta misfortune ?? and what was the end result ??
slapped me with some sorta section 59 ? where if i or anyone else speeds on my bike in 12 months theyll crush my bike :wtf:
pissed off YETI........

FUTTOCKS !!. :Banned:
benny hedges

Re: FUTTOCKS !!

Post by benny hedges »

oh dear m8 1 step short of an asbo.
hard to get out of that is, suggest you give this guy a ring for some advice - 0161 763 2708
drivers defence lawyer martin hammond
650 +vat like but worth a call just to see what your options are.
have you got any points already>? not that it matters at that speed!
suggest you start slackening your sphincter m8 cos that could be jail tbh, dont mean to scare you like,,,
make the call. :?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

sh1t dude! That sucks. Hope theres a bit more to the story than your telling.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

oh sh1t mate, I hate that feeling when you spot the blue lights in the mirror and you think "how long has he been watching"!

I hope it goes better than some of the suggestions, but as said already, get a lawyer and try and find the best way to minimise the penalty. Good Luck
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bad news. Good job you weren't trying, but don't use that line in court....

If you can get a short ban at least it'll leave your license clean afterwards, but it'll make insurance more expensive afterwards, and you will probably havetrouble hiring a vehicle- caught me out, that one, when I needed a van to move house many years back when I had a short holiday from riding :oops:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
elric

Post by elric »

Thats a bummer indeed.
Here's what I found on section 59;

SECTION 59
Vehicles used in a manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance:
(1) Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which —
(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and
(b) is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public, he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).

(2) A constable in uniform shall also have the powers set out in subsection (3) where he has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle has been used on any occasion in a manner falling within subsection (1).

(3) Those powers are —
(a) power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;
(b) power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;
(c) power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph (a) or (b), to enter any
premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;
(d) power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power
conferred by any of paragraphs to (a) to (c).

(4) A constable shall not seize a motor vehicle in the exercise of the powers
conferred on him by this section unless —
(a) he has warned the person appearing to him to be the person whose use falls within subsection (1) that he will seize it, if that use continues or is repeated; and
(b) it appears to him that the use has continued or been repeated after the warning.

(5) Subsection (4) does not require a warning to be given by a constable on any occasion on which he would otherwise have the power to seize a motor vehicle under this section if—
(a) the circumstances make it impracticable for him to give the warning;
(b) the constable has already on that occasion given a warning under that subsection in respect of any use of that motor vehicle or of another motor vehicle by that person or any other person;
(c) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that such a warning has been given on that occasion otherwise than by him; or
(d) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the person whose use of that motor vehicle on that occasion would justify the seizure is a person to whom a warning under that subsection has been given (whether or not by that constable or in respect the same vehicle or the same or a similar use) on a previous occasion in the previous twelve months.

(6) A person who fails to comply with an order under subsection (3)(a) is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(7) Subsection (3)(c) does not authorise entry into a private dwelling house.

(8) The powers conferred on a constable by this section shall be exercisable only at a time when regulations under section 60 are in force.

(9) In this section —
• “driving” has the same meaning as in the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52);
• “motor vehicle” means any mechanically propelled vehicle, whether or not it is intended or adapted for use on roads; and
• “private dwelling house” does not include any garage or other structure occupied with the dwelling house, or any land appurtenant to the dwelling house.
It's only easy if you know the answer!
playerone

Post by playerone »

sh1t, thats some bad luck :thumbdown:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

That sounds horrible. Hope you get things sorted mate and dont get banned for too long.

Did the filth pull the gixxer too or just you?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

YETI wrote: slapped me with some sorta section 59 ? where if i or anyone else speeds on my bike in 12 months theyll crush my bike :Banned:
well, did he read you your rights at the roadside and tell you you would be summonsed to appear in a magistrates court?
cos according to my plod mate, if he didnt, and just issued you a 59 then that's your ticket so be on your way and dont do it again.
not on that bike anyway lol.
as you have a few toys to play with i suggest you sorn that one for a year and wheel another one out.
you may just well be the luckiest bleeder on here lol :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh m8 saw that....
theyve been doing it for a while round here and in wales....

quote "radio ahead so other officers can intercept offenders"

thats how they got me lol :roll: unmarked fireblade (riding like a tw@) radioed ahead to a parked officer & was waiting with the gun ready aimed waiting til i came into view.
saw on a few telly progs where they were joining rides and doing that, radioing ahead so as to not give themselves away.

i suppose it's all good & proper as long as there's no baiting going on... if theyre coming alongside egging you on then technically that's aiding & abetting an offence, which carries penalties just the same as the actual offence. and points.

like it says in the article... good way to further alienate police riders from the community.
there is a hardcore of nutters who give us all a bad name but (mostly) everyone i know rides sensibly & within their limits & knows there is a time & a place

incidentally, it only takes a neighbour to complain once about you revving your bike and you can get a section 59 - anything that can be construed as causing annoyance.
2 complaints and it's impounded - it then gets a cat B and cant be put back on the road.

there is a young lad over the road from me with a rev n rip with an expanny pipe, works shifts and is up & down the close all day on it. he's not doing anyone any harm but it's only a matter of time til someone makes an anonymous call :Ball Kick:

yet... if you're reading, how have you got on with this>??? been summonsed yet?
gilson

FUTTOCKS !!

Post by gilson »

Fingers crossed for you ian.

That really is taking the piss.
No bike (yet).
monkeyboy195

Post by monkeyboy195 »

haha ur bike doesnt do that sorta speed haha silly yeti :D :D
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

YETI wrote:Just been out for a sunday spin and got mesmerised by a GSXR1000 we had a bit a rough and tumble, but un known to me.......
sneaky PC PLAIN BIKE!! took a likin to me and clocked me at 133mph :( down the billingshurst by-pass... FUTTOCKS !!!!!
think im gonna loose my licence :cry: for a while / FUTTOCKS !!!.
Anyone else had this sorta misfortune ?? and what was the end result ??
slapped me with some sorta section 59 ? where if i or anyone else speeds on my bike in 12 months theyll crush my bike :wtf:
pissed off YETI........

FUTTOCKS !!. :Banned:
You don't usually get a Sec 59 Warning and and get prosecuted, so it looks like you got off light. The warning applies to your bike and anyone riding it also applies to you riding any other bike but it won't get crushed as you have 14 days to collect it after it has been seized. But it will cost you the removal fee plus storage charges.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I did, got prosecuted for 89 in a 70 and a Sec 59, back in March.
So taking it a bit easy for a few months.

Mine was for driving without due care and attention.
Right enough, because if I was paying attention I'd have seen him come up behind me.
But it says that my bike could be seized if I commit a similar offence within 12 months, doesn't seem to refer to other offences, just the careless one.
And doesn't mention other bikes or vehicles I might own either, so it seems I could Sorn the yellow one and ride one of the others for the summer, and nothing happens if I get caught.

Not going to, though, if it gets seized I'll just get it back, storage and recovery charges are just another type of fine, really.

Occupational hazard, imho.

Got to get me a 59 club badge, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.