FUTTOCKS !!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
storminateacup

Re: FUTTOCKS !!

Post by storminateacup »

tony.mon wrote:I did, got prosecuted for 89 in a 70 and a Sec 59, back in March.
So taking it a bit easy for a few months.

Mine was for driving without due care and attention.
Right enough, because if I was paying attention I'd have seen him come up behind me.
But it says that my bike could be seized if I commit a similar offence within 12 months, doesn't seem to refer to other offences, just the careless one.
And doesn't mention other bikes or vehicles I might own either, so it seems I could Sorn the yellow one and ride one of the others for the summer, and nothing happens if I get caught.

Not going to, though, if it gets seized I'll just get it back, storage and recovery charges are just another type of fine, really.

Occupational hazard, imho.

Got to get me a 59 club badge, though.

That's a bit unfair Tony like 2 bites of the same cherry but trust me the Sec 59 applies to the person in any vehicle and the vehicle with any driver.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
YETI

Post by YETI »

UP DATE DAY !
today was the day !
and i just wanna say .
at no point do i advocate speeding in any form on the public highway!!

went to court , had a great barrister , certainly knew his stuff ! thanks for the lawyers for bikers info as thats who i used £650.00+vat
to my mind worth every penny .
yep hands up i was guilty / no question about it , might even post the film up 133mph in a 60mph , im not proud of myself / though he did have trouble keeping with the moriwaki even with a behemoth like me on it !
in short then guilty / good barrister and alot of sucking up and a day with surrey police beforehand with good report on my bike skills .

RESULT:21day ban and £500 fine ..i can live with that, its not ideal but if i were honest i was expecting at least 6mnth ban and a couple of grand fine
so to my mind a good day at the office :thumbup:

some may say throw the book at him , fair enough ...but i would say people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones , i dont know anyone who drives or rides a bike who can honestly say they have never broken the speed limit ( though possibly not by over double )
so happy biking and watch out for PC PLAIN BIKE cos hes out to get YOU !

regards
YETI..
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

so happy biking and watch out for PC PLAIN BIKE cos hes out to get YOU !
Particularly if you stick your head in the noose and shout "PLEASE NICK ME!!!"
:lol:

Good result big fella.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

From my glass house that is a good result. Could be any one of us, so always a good reminder to try and be grown up (not that I manage to do it).

I thought I had a good result last summer when the bike cop didn't hit me with a 130 speeding ticket but gave me 3 points for crossing the double White line. Just renewed the car insurance and mrs MCQ told the insurance that I had 3 points and then she told them the code........he then tells her that that is not speeding, that is classed as dangerous driving and that added £180 to the car insurance :oops:

So silver lineing had a bigger cloud than I thought :thumbdown:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

YETI wrote:UP DATE DAY !

RESULT:21day ban and £500 fine ..i can live with that, its not ideal but if i were honest i was expecting at least 6mnth ban and a couple of grand fine
so to my mind a good day at the office :thumbup:
phew lucky basterd lol!!!

i felt same when i got 14 day suspension.
interestingly though m8, when i renewed my insurance i thought i best declare it but there was no option to enter a ban under 1mth so i rang them up.
they said if there were no penalty points awarded they do not count a ban less than 28 days so happy daze m8 someone is smiling down on you :thumbup:

wonder how my m8 will get on with his 172 in a 40 the other week.... apparently the highest speed ever recorded on a restricted road... in europe 8O
he was chased by an unmarked t5 with a nooby woman in it who dodnt know what to do with him when he pulled over.
apparently she did over 100 through the 40 also, without blue light & siren.
she radioed for help and another officer came along.
he said reviewing the video footage, not once can you see his reg plate clearly and doesnt look like the unmarked car had speed recording gear in but cant be sure.

will let you know - but i said if they had him on vid he'd be impounded and arrested for that instead just got a producer 8O

i take it the section 59 still applies though m8>>>> best to sorn the mori imo just in case
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
YETI

Post by YETI »

Mmmm will check the insurance bit out / covertly of course
and ref poss nabing me bike, yep still stands but thats ok cos im just gonna drive my old camper about ,
its about 2 tonnes and only has 64bhp so no chance of getting stopped in that ( except for going too slow :confused )
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorted!
£650 + VAT's only about four tanks of super unleaded anyway.

Don't worry about the 59 club badge, I have one going as well, and they still have to catch you......

It's not as though next March I'll suddenly speed up again.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
YETI

Post by YETI »

theres a thought

VTR1000 59CLUB.org :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Founder members entitled to a club bar discount?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
YETI

Post by YETI »

RACE YA THERE !! :D
in 21 days time :(
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

Chuffed to bits for you mate. That really is good news. It could have been sooooo much worse :thumbup: Still, the fine is still pretty hefty.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
playerone

Post by playerone »

Fine and lawyer adds up to a hefty chunk but better than losing ur license :thumbup: nice result :beer:
gilson

FUTTOCKS !!

Post by gilson »

Well done, so to speak!
No bike (yet).
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not a bad result all said and done mate....
about 10 yrs ago i got done doing 80 in a 30 (3 lanes wide one way street in london no traffic) on a vfr800. it weren't big or clever, i did the same as you pleaded guilty and had a barrister represent me. i walked away with 6 points and a £350 fine. i was a very lucky boy, but you would be surprised if you go to court suited and booted with a yes sir no sir attitude and you eat a sh1t load of humble pie, sometimes you can walk away with a result.
oh and i've never done those speeds in a built up area again, lesson learnt..........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i didnt take a solicitor as cheapest decent one wanted 650 with no guarantee of a result, so when the court asked if i was represented, i said no, i couldnt afford a solicitor, so they gave me a smaller fine @ £15 a week :biggrin

rang a few for advice though and all said the same, so i just asked if it would be possible to deal with it by a short discretionary suspension, which is not technically a ban.
no points and insurance didnt change as it was less than a full month.
worth remembering if it ever happens to anyone again - apparently their rules state they have to consider a discretionary suspension before a ban.

but it is up to the mags on the day & yes, does depend how you turn out and your attitude.

when i was up last time the court was full of burglars, smackheads and a woman up for drink driving, perverting the course of justice and no insurance, criminal damage etc so i think mine was a breeze.

they were surprised when i thanked them!
only downside was they didnt send my licence back & it's just cost me another 20 quid for a replacement. :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.