How do you know?

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
StormingHonda

How do you know?

Post by StormingHonda »

How can you tell the difference?.

How would you know an unmarked car or bike?.
AMCQ46

Re: How do you know?

Post by AMCQ46 »

The unmarked car has 4 wheels, doors, roof etc, the bike only has 2 wheels and the rider will be wearing a crash helmet :D

Hope that helps
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

On a more serious note,

I look out for any D group car with 2 occupants, any extra kit in the front /centre of the windscreen or rear window, ( every body sticking their satnav there makes this harder now)

On the bikes I look at the helmets and boots. If they are wearing Daytona goretex black boots and a white helmet slow down. But I also know they are now told to buy a race rep helmet if they are under cover, but the boots will still be regulation. Also will be 2 piece leathers and no sliders, unless he is wearing his own kit.
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Careful how you phrase a question buddy

Especially with this lot :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The bikes have a PTT button on the left bar and tank bags for kit, but given how close you have to be to see that and a lot of guys have tank bags you are left with your observations of their riding. They will ride/drive to the system, so as Benny said previously, methodical road positioning etc. good luck.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Would any of the cars have tinted windows at all? I know tinted windows are illegal over a certina opacity, but would the police try to make it harder to " look in "?.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Depends on the county

Essex Police unmarked FJR

Essex Police Volvo (They also run unmarked Estate versions)

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

er a lot of the unmarked bikers are a bit less obvious lol.
they wear the same gear as us (99% wear gerrick gear as they have a deal with them so i was told by a hg sales lad ;) )
ive seen an unmarked busa, rc8r, gunmetal fireblade, b&w fireblade....

the unmarked cars.... harder to spot til its too late as they will stay 1/4 mile behind you... too far back to see for sure...
every one ive seen has had PN or PC prefix on the reg.... :wink:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I've seen a few people pulled at between the bull and rainham roudabout in Romford by a Black car, the officers were dressed like S.W.A.T team :lol:

Saying that the people they pulled were driving like total nobs.
mattster

Post by mattster »

benny hedges wrote: every one ive seen has had PN or PC prefix on the reg.... :wink:

Strathclyde's finest cars all start with SF... mainly 3-series estates atm... :thumbup: :wave:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

in suffolk they drive about in a graphite grey mondeo. big box o tricks in the middle of the dashboard and flashing lights recesed into the grille. i have once seen them in the souped up skoda octavia . nearly every day i drive past the county police headquarters and the mondeo is always going in and out.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

StormingHonda wrote:I've seen a few people pulled at between the bull and rainham roudabout in Romford by a Black car, the officers were dressed like S.W.A.T team :lol:

Saying that the people they pulled were driving like total nobs.
Swat team or tw@ Team :lol: :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The unmarked car has 4 wheels, doors, roof etc, the bike only has 2 wheels and the rider will be wearing a crash helmet :D
Very good. :lol: :lol:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/police206.htm

[youtube][/youtube]
Notice the camera is not calibrated on his bike. Any speeding tickets will get thrown out of court if contested. :lol: Still nice to see himon the side of motorcyclists.

To be honest I have never had any quarrells with bike cops, they even turn a blind eye to loud exhausts. All they care about is road safety, so as long as your not doing somthing really stupid. :roll:

White lid is always one to watch out, that's why I wear one. I believe they wear Schuberths these days.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Flatline wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Careful how you phrase a question buddy

Especially with this lot :thumbup:
Yer ive started to notice this :lol: :lol: :think: :think:
Loud pipes save lives!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i can hardly read my speedo whilst having fun on the bike, let alone spot umarked plod, my mate reckons he can spot them, so much for that idea when he got pulled for doing over 160 by an unmarked bmw....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!