A13 by the fords works

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
StormingHonda

A13 by the fords works

Post by StormingHonda »

I know as you get too Barking way on the A13 you get the Average speed cameras ect, but I noticed near the rainham turn off on the bridge a lot of people seem to slow down, is there any reason for this?.
MacV2

Re: A13 by the fords works

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:I know as you get too Barking way on the A13 you get the Average speed cameras ect, but I noticed near the rainham turn off on the bridge a lot of people seem to slow down, is there any reason for this?.
Yes it's to have a real good look around & then thank the Lord that you don't have to live near there.

Either that or they are all ex Ford workers who are slowing down to see what's left of it. Used to employ 10,000 + at the plant then add all the sub factories making bits for the plant. Now they only put bits together to make diesel engines, less than 2000 bods work there now. Fords even used to have there own ferry running across the Thames to get workers from sarf of the river.

On a more serious note, as I used to travel along that way quite a lot I know where your talking about, they used to have all sorts of traffic monitoring equipment along that road, perhaps there are the traffic cameras mounted on the bridge. What with 90% of the commuters in cars being half asleep as well as blithering idiots they THINK they are speed cameras so slow down?

I still think it's the first answer tho.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Re: A13 by the fords works

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:
Either that or they are all ex Ford workers who are slowing down to see what's left of it. Used to employ 10,000 + at the plant then add all the sub factories making bits for the plant. Now they only put bits together to make diesel engines, less than 2000 bods work there now. Fords even used to have there own ferry running across the Thames to get workers from sarf of the river.

Mac
I'm a Ford worker, I used to work in Car production and then moved to Engine production when they closed the P.T.A ( parts, Trim and Assembly ), I remember those days when there was a lot of people working there, it's now only Stamping, machinging, engine building and transport ops ( which is going eventually to somewhere like Romania ) and things aren't great at the engine plant what with the economy and such.

The PTA was the most cost effective and most productive plany in Europe, we were set goals by F.O.E management and we exceeded them, we were promised the new Fiesta, but because were cheap and easy to get rid of we went and German plants got our work.

The problem with Fords is that they plead poverty and close down plants in the U.K blaming the workforce and union's which is total bullshit and use it as an excuse to move work to Europe and Eastern Europe, the MAIN reason why the place is slowly going is because of British labour laws and the total lack of protection from government when these companies move work out of the U.K, where as Europe protects its workforce we don't and as long as out government/s sit on there hands and only protect the rich then it aint ever going to change.

On a light note, Ford rekon Dagenham is its Diesel centre for the world, and they rekon it has a future ( tell that to the temps ), knowing what liars Fords is where judge them on what they do next, cos I ain't convinced.

Anyway, yeah I've noticed all those cameras, I get more paranoid about them slowing down than the cameras :lol: