speeding fine

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Eclectic

speeding fine

Post by Eclectic »

If you were caught doing 130mph in a 70 non motorway. What are the chances of non jail time?
Kev L

Re: speeding fine

Post by Kev L »

Have a read of Yeti's experiences fella, I am pretty sure he got captured at around that speed and got a large fine. I think his advice consisted of get a good solicitor, wear a suit to court and be repentant. Is this info for a "friend"?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

A "friend" indeed :/
lloydie

speeding fine

Post by lloydie »

Any thing over 95mph goes to magistrates for them to decide .
Everything plays a part in there choice of punishment . It could be point to jail time . But it will be a big fine at least
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ouchies. mitigating circumstances?

take some advice from a few solicitors before appointing one to defend you - cheapest is like 450 a day plus vat....
your friend will be very fortunate to not get a ban.

i suggest he starts approaching eastern european immigrants and negotiates a spare driving licence....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

your friend will be very fortunate to not get a ban.
I think it's 30mph or over, over the speed limit for the road your on, is an instant ban.

I would expect a ban and a fine as long as there is not a long list of previous. Or if the judge is having a really nice day, one may get lucky and get sent on a driver/rider course and a heavy fine.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

i would expect your friend to get a ban and a four figure fine! if the judge want to make an example of him he may want to start inserting root vegetables into his anus now to slacken thing up a bit!! 8O :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

No previous for ten years or more, he has a clean license. Just hoping no jail!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

A friend of mine...cough cough cough... Got stopped on the M11 clocked at 127.84....Letters from the employer at the time of the offence , giving mitigating reasons & the employer at time of court appearance, stating loss of licence = loss of job, + solicitor to do the talking + wearing a suit & tie & looking very sheepish.....14 day ban + £150...Right result I thought. The 14 days of commuting on the tube fecking near did my head in though......

Oh & another word of advice if you* do go to court, just before they ask you* to ''tell the truth the whole truth ect blah blah ect ect....'' They clerk of the court will ask you what religion you are. Lie & say C of E. ( or whatever, other religions are available.....)...Do not under any circumstances say ''Atheist''.... The beaks bloody hate that & look at you as the devil incarnate & will not believe a word you* say. They still make you* swear to tell...blah blah They just don't believe you.

*Of course when I say you, I mean your friend.

Good luck, not that you need it but your friend might..... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
edds11

Post by edds11 »

depends alot upon which county your friend was in, some are VERY different in the way they punish
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

not that old acle straight again? tough luck on ur mate!
i dont think jail is that likely just fine/ban + £££s

:cry:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
tasum

Post by tasum »

Right result I thought. The 14 days of commuting on the tube fecking near did my head in though......
Macv2, I thought it was a friend that got caught :eh: :eh: :eh:

I presume you wanted to share his pain and go on the tube as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mac, friend? Naaaaahhhh.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cybercarl wrote:I think it's 30mph or over, over the speed limit for the road your on, is an instant ban.

(:-})
nah, 30mph over and you're in the mags.... not necessarily banned

use your get out of jail card - exceptional hardship plea, drive for a living etc....

or (as i did) ask for a 'discretionary suspension' court will angle for 28 days or longer but if you explain you will lose your job you may get less.

if you drive for a living and have a tracker in your works vehicle, drive within the limits for a mth or 2 and present a print-out to the court to show it was a momentary lapse and you are normally a safe driver ;)

people have been let off with a caution at the roadside for similar speeds....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

In a land a long way away and far from here, and in a distant time, a "friend of mine" once told the court that he was so ashamed of what he'd done, and the speed he was travelling, that he'd sold his bike the previous week, and showed them the sale document.
He forgot to mention he'd bought a quicker one, and had another one besides that though.......My "friend" ended up with 15 points on his license but no ban, due to needing a car to continue to provide work for his employees.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.