speeding fine

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
MacV2

Re: speeding fine

Post by MacV2 »

tasum wrote:
Right result I thought. The 14 days of commuting on the tube fecking near did my head in though......
Macv2, I thought it was a friend that got caught :eh: :eh: :eh:

I presume you wanted to share his pain and go on the tube as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
The clue was in the ''cough cough cough''.......
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
YETI

Post by YETI »

LAWYERS FOR BIKERS :thumbup: (very good advise)
dont try and defend yourself / unless your a barister ?
the best £5oo-6oo / cant remember but there abouts , that i could have spent .
recorded at 133mph in a 60mph area .
recieved a £500 fine , and no points .
was very repentant , said sorry ..alot ! .
i hadnt had points for about 6/7 years and only been stopped twice for speeding in 28yrs
and have driven hundreds of thousands of miles as an HGV driver .
GOOD LUCK

i expected alot worse than i recieved / i think jail is unlikely unless he makes a habit of
this kinda thing ....... though im no expert

regards
YETI..
gilson

speeding fine

Post by gilson »

I'm sure the judge looked to both the left and right of yeti and saw only two officers. He thought, if this guy looses it we are all extinct.
No bike (yet).
YETI

Post by YETI »

Mmmm ? a valid point :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck, some good advice there and I hope it goes ok for you.

I was pretty sure I got caught by the camera van when over taking a long line of cars on the way into Crossgates on the last OP Storm in Wales, (stillin the 60 limit, but i was gunning it to get past before the solid white line) but still nothing through the letter box. So I am hoping it is too late now :oops:
AMcQ
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

AMCQ46 wrote:Good luck, some good advice there and I hope it goes ok for you.

I was pretty sure I got caught by the camera van when over taking a long line of cars on the way into Crossgates on the last OP Storm in Wales, (stillin the 60 limit, but i was gunning it to get past before the solid white line) but still nothing through the letter box. So I am hoping it is too late now :oops:
to be honest i was bricking it till the saturday 2 weeks later as well, fortunately nothing arrived for me either :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

back in 2000 i got done doing 80 in a 30, i was stupid and paid the price, luckily for me the price wasn't that bad, i had a solicitor, i was suited and booted, yes sir no sir, pleaded guilty, told them i was skint and need my license because its my living. told them i'd sold my bike and i'd taken some rider training, and that i was very very sorry. and it did the trick, 6 points £300 fine, i paid the fine straight away and the following day went on holiday to the usa for 2 weeks, just in case i got a ban.....
i noticed that the magistrates were being messed around by scumbags in tracksuits or foriegners who were pretending not to understand english, so show them some respect, trust me it helps.
in a mags court a solicitor can be a bit of a risk because they know more about the law than the magistrates, in truth the clerk of the court knows more than the magistrates and guides them to there conclusion. so to turn up with a solicitor risks rubbing there face in it, but it worked for me....
wish your friend.....cough cough cough.....goodluck from me
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MJONESY wrote: to be honest i was bricking it till the saturday 2 weeks later as well, fortunately nothing arrived for me either :thumbup:
Murray, same aS you....
When I came back from the TT, I went through all the unopened post and my heart sank when I saw a brown envelope with the DVLA mark on the back...I was sure it was going to be the NIP , but no it was one of those new coloured V5's that they are sending out. So still with fear and trepidation I carried on down the pile, and ...ah sh1t another brown one from the DVLA ...... Phew, another V5 :D

It took me most of that Saturday morning to get rid of the spooked feeling I had sorting through the letters :eek2
AMcQ
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Cheers for the advice and well wishes. I'm papping it tbh. Gonna get myself down to cab and will give lawyers for bikers a look. Cheers yeti

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I was caught, bang to rights, doing 108mph in a 50 zone, and got 6 points and a fine. Went to court suited and booted and just put my hands up showed remorse/regret whatever Expecting a ban, but got lucky, so you never know exactly whats going to happen.

Good luck mate.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i got to court and the courts dismissed it, couldn't believe my luck :thumbup: kept my town and main road speed legal since
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
firestorm996

speeding fine

Post by firestorm996 »

I was pulled over at 151mph in a 70 on my first storm...does that count?
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

If it helps with the good luck stories I got done on the M11 as well and was clocked at 124mph after just having a tussle with a Porsche Boxster.. I was in my old SLK.

Anyway, had to go to Swaffam to face the music armed with letters from the employee with the usual loss of license=loss of job=loss of house/divorce etc when I got stuck in the worst weather that hit Britain at that time and got stuck on the M11 again overnight in the snow and missed my attendance. Rung them to explain I was snowed in on the M11 and they said they would delay it til I got there. When I got there they had all gone home so missed the courts altogether. I left my letters etc there with the clerk who was there and said they can do it in my absence as couldn't get any more holiday from work and I will just hope they take it all into account and the efforts I made to get there in the intital attempt.

Anyway, in my absence I got 6 points (which made 12 on my license) and a £370 fine... and best bit was they only hand wrote SP30 on my licence for the offence. Didn't make a difference to my insurance!

So chin up as I thought my life was caving in at that point....
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Well, fellas. I attended court on Wednesday. 4 months of hel and sick to the.stomach feelings.

went in with no lawyer etc with the sole intention of just holding my hands up to it. I got a right result too. 28 day ban and £275 fine with a ruddy good.telling off from the Judge. the clean license upto this point clearly.went in my favour.

so roll on the hot weather and B roads 8O
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Now thats one to put down as experience and never do it again.