speeding fine

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
mr.john.coates

Re: speeding fine

Post by mr.john.coates »

AMCQ46 wrote:
MJONESY wrote: to be honest i was bricking it till the saturday 2 weeks later as well, fortunately nothing arrived for me either :thumbup:
Murray, same aS you....
When I came back from the TT, I went through all the unopened post and my heart sank when I saw a brown envelope with the DVLA mark on the back...I was sure it was going to be the NIP , but no it was one of those new coloured V5's that they are sending out. So still with fear and trepidation I carried on down the pile, and ...ah sh1t another brown one from the DVLA ...... Phew, another V5 :D

It took me most of that Saturday morning to get rid of the spooked feeling I had sorting through the letters :eek2
+1
I spend a lot of time after being out on the Storm worrying about the after effects of too much right hand twist...What is the time limit after which you know you are safe...6 weeks I thought?
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice one, well done you must be so relieved. Are they gonna make you do a re-test after the ban?

It's the waiting and not knowing that's the worst. That's punishment in itself.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Indeed, bazza. Need more track days I think.

Carl, aye the waiting was killing me. But no, no retest. They didn't nab me for dangerous driving which was worrying me. Just 28 days and back on the road with some hefty insurance premium I'm guessing. Though the judge suggested I wait 30 days to be sure its all activated again.

Now its done and dusted. Here's the mug shot of me being, a, err, mug...

http://db.tt/rfLso8OO

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

do you remeber what the speedo was saying at the time, it would be useful to have that as reference for calibrating your speedo.

I know mine is out, that's an idea do a ton past a camera van, turn round, come back and ask the operator what the recoerded speed was, job done.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Haha, in court "I was just calibrating the Speedo guv'"

In all honesty I don't have a Scooby what speed I was doing on the clock. I was concentrating on the cars. BUT my Speedo was out by 16% I had recalibrated it using a speedohealer and my phones GPS so its about spot on now.
Though I should probably try another run with a dedicated Pratt nav.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good to hear it's over and done with for you mate. As the lads have said put it down to experience and move on.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good news :thumbup:
AMcQ
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

In years to come you'll show that mug shot to your Grandson with pride - Here's Grandad doing a 130 ! :D
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

In years to come you'll show that mug shot to your Grandson with pride - Here's Grandad doing a 130
Your not wrong. And by the time those days come bikes and cars will have restrictions built into them or computerised controls that wont allow vehicles over the speed limit. :eek2

mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

cybercarl wrote:
In years to come you'll show that mug shot to your Grandson with pride - Here's Grandad doing a 130
Your not wrong. And by the time those days come bikes and cars will have restrictions built into them or computerised controls that wont allow vehicles over the speed limit. :eek2

Sadly I can imagine the rest of the conversation too:
- "Grandad, your car's only got two wheels"
- "It's a motorbike, son, they only used to have two wheels"
- "Will I have a motorbike when I grow up?"
- "No son, they banned them"
- "When did they ban them Grandad?"
- "When it became illegal to enjoy yourself in 2013"
- (Pointing to speed camera picture) "What does that mean"
- "130, that's how fast I was going"
- "130! Don't be silly, Grandad! Mummy says no one is allowed to go over 20mph now without paying extra"
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The sorry state of evolution :( I'm sure I was born in the wrong eta :lol:

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Eclectic wrote:If you were caught doing 130mph in a 70 non motorway. What are the chances of non jail time?
When ever I have gone through your neck of the woods they ( the police ) seem to be right nazis with speeding, was you on an A road?.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

mr.john.coates wrote:- "130! Don't be silly, Grandad! Mummy says no one is allowed to go over 20mph now without paying extra"
one of the toll roads we went on through austria, was absolutely hooning it flat out on the sp2, then thought sheet was that a camera lol....

when we got to the toll booths, your bill is calculated by how much you went over the speed limit lol. i paid about 13 euros and my mate on a xjr payed 8.
its pretty obvious people like going fast, so why dont they have roads like that here... like the m6 toll - its so big you can easily do 120+ safely.
whatss the point in having toll roads if they dont save you time.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That sounds good benny but your forgetting all the wombles butt hole drivers we have to share our roads with !
I myself wouldn't like to be rear ended by someone doing 155 in a Audi coz they were to busy fouling with the radio .
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

do 165 then lol :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.