'Stealth' speed cameras to be deployed on 300 miles of motor

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
budd

Re: 'Stealth' speed cameras to be deployed on 300 miles of m

Post by budd »

who cares about cameras on the motorway? when they start putting them on the A-B roads in Yorkshire and Wales I'll start looking at Harleys :lol:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

This is all pretty interesting. Here in the Colonies they have been experimenting with traffic camera enforcement and it's proven to mostly be a bust. Since we don't have national law enforcement (yet) every municipality has to pay for the cameras and the cameras in turn have to pay for themselves with fines. There have been many successful law suits over traffic camera enforcement mainly indicating the the cameras are set at a higher sensitivity to generate revenue. (Which they are and do.) We also have laws (facing one's accuser) that make robot law enforcement difficult. Where there are some positives in the red light camera department. A lot of people, bikers included are killed every year by red light runners and they are quite difficult to catch.

Around here if you get behind a group of Harley riders you will ride well under posted limits! And they get mad when you pass them like it somehow disrespectful. It is disrespectful but it is fun to see the looks on their faces.

I like what Jay Leno said on Top Gear, when talking about British traffic cameras: "In LA, they would just shoot them out."
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a couple of years ago on a ride to see yeti, my numberplate fell off, I had to ride back from box hill with no plate, probably about 20ish miles from surrey into central London, it was very liberating to say the least, I never got stopped, mainly because as carl eluded to there's very few police on the road, over reliance on camera's..... :roll:
anyways I've been using virts plates for the last two years, no chance of a speeding fine.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Big_Jim59 wrote:There have been many successful law suits over traffic camera enforcement mainly indicating the the cameras are set at a higher sensitivity to generate revenue
The car manufactures will only guarantee the accuracy of the speedo in your car to 7% therefore whether caught by a fixed speed camera or one operated by the police, they always take that into consideration here before "doing" you. Also, If a case should go to court the police have to prove the calibration and accuracy of the equipment or the case will fall apart. It's been going on for quite a while so most of the loop holes are all well sown up now.
Big_Jim59 wrote:Where there are some positives in the red light camera department. A lot of people, bikers included are killed every year by red light runners and they are quite difficult to catch.
I really most read these posts a little slower. I thought you were talking about the "Red Light District" cameras for half a second and was really confused :crazy:
We've had cameras on public crossing lights (Pelican Crossings we call them) for donkeys years, for that very reason. It probably paved the way for our reliance on cameras to be used in other areas.
Big_Jim59 wrote:I like what Jay Leno said on Top Gear, when talking about British traffic cameras: "In LA, they would just shoot them out."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If only we could :clap:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote: anyways I've been using virts plates for the last two years, no chance of a speeding fine.... :wink:
What a coincidence, I've been using your number plate :lol:

You're lucky, I had so many scares last year :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Also, If a case should go to court the police have to prove the calibration and accuracy of the equipment
I'm nor sure if that is so much the case any more. It certainly used to be. When I got caught by plod standing at the side of the road with a speed gun I semi jokingly asked the copper when was the last time his gun was calibrated. He told me that it used to be the case they had to calibrate them each time before going out and using them but not any more. The technology and accuracy of the equipment used is so much more advanced now, especially since the introduction of digital technology.

My first though was Red light district too :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

perverts........... :Banned:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

OK boys and girls, that's "Red Light Camera" not Red Light District." Politicians around here would NEVER allow cameras in the red light districts. That would be much too much enforcement.

Even red light cameras are coming in for the same scrutiny. Set the amber light at just seconds and PRESTO! the red light camera makes more revenue.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Only on here could we go from speed camera's to Red Light District :crazy: :clap:

Interesting Jim to hear how things are on Speed camera's in your area across the pond.

A bit more here:-
http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/blog/new- ... -or-wrong/

Chris.
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

sirch345 wrote:Only on here could we go from speed camera's to Red Light District :crazy: :clap:
Well, around here red light cameras and red light districts are both revenue generators.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Big_Jim59 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Only on here could we go from speed camera's to Red Light District :crazy: :clap:
Well, around here red light cameras and red light districts are both revenue generators.
And, I'll bet the politicians have been caught out by both :lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

only on here could we go from speed cameras to red light district......are you organising a new rideout Chris ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ChrisC wrote:only on here could we go from speed cameras to red light district......are you organising a new rideout Chris ?
Now there's an idea, I like window shopping too :thumbup: the only downside I can think of atm, the missus probably won't agree :shh:

Chris.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I don't have a problem with speed cameras around road works, or schools, hospitals and such, I have a problem with them on motorways, motorways are made to make a journey shorter and can accommodate high speed traffic.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

no motorways in Suffolk :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.