DOH!!!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
agentpineapple

DOH!!!

Post by agentpineapple »

not that any of you will be on this road hahaha, but beware of a speed trap on the N-420 between Corbera and Gandesa, I was caught this morning doing 78mph in a 62mph zone.
they had unmarked cars and a hidden camera further back down the road.
the end result was a 50 euro fine, which is about £43
because I have an English license I didn't receive any points :wink:
I had a long chat with the two officers, they turned out to great guys, both explained how they hate nicking bikers, as they themselves are bikers. one rides a bmw gs1200 and the other a ducati 848.
we even shook hands like biker friends would before I set off again. the only reason there was a speed trap was because of the motogp today, there's never anything like that normally. one of the coppers even told me there was another speed trap further down the road, how nice was that.
I was lucky it could have been worse, I got caught respectfully overtaking a group of 12 bikers, if the road was clear i'd hate to think what speed I would have been doing :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Re: DOH!!!

Post by VTRDark »

one of the coppers even told me there was another speed trap further down the road, how nice was that.
Now that's what I call good service but it would have been better if you didn't get the fine in the first place. Oh well the copper can have a good drink of Sangria tonight then. I bet that went straight into his pocket.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:
one of the coppers even told me there was another speed trap further down the road, how nice was that.
Now that's what I call good service but it would have been better if you didn't get the fine in the first place. Oh well the copper can have a good drink of Sangria tonight then. I bet that went straight into his pocket.
it's all digital now Carl, so they can't pocket the cash, I even got a receipt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
two of the nicest policeman I've ever met... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Naughty Boy!
Wouldn't catch me speeding through there

:wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:Naughty Boy!
Wouldn't catch me speeding through there

:wink:
i'd hate to think if they'd been there two weeks earlier, me and you would be up sh1ts creek mate..... :oops:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

only wish UK cops were still like those Spanish guys you had.
AMcQ
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Yeah but they have guns. 8O
Knowing me I'd try to say something funny and end up getting shot.
agentpineapple wrote:i'd hate to think if they'd been there two weeks earlier, me and you would be up sh1ts creek mate.....
He He Hee! I can still hear Tom squealing like a girl when I gave him that pillion to Aragon and back :lol: :lol:
How many Euros do you think that would have cost :P
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:Yeah but they have guns. 8O
Knowing me I'd try to say something funny and end up getting shot.
agentpineapple wrote:i'd hate to think if they'd been there two weeks earlier, me and you would be up sh1ts creek mate.....
He He Hee! I can still hear Tom squealing like a girl when I gave him that pillion to Aragon and back :lol: :lol:
How many Euros do you think that would have cost :P
on that straight stretch when we opened it up, i'd hate to think what the fine would have been.... :eek2
that stretch would have been a 120kph at the most, and we may or may not have been doing 220+kph.... 8O
it wouldn't look good that's for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I took a photo of some local Garda when I was in the Algarve and they where not pleased. Approached me rather assertively to put it nicely and made me delete the photo's. They had guns and you don't mess with them when they have guns. Our plod are pussy's by comparison.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I took a photo of some local Garda when I was in the Algarve and they where not pleased. Approached me rather assertively to put it nicely and made me delete the photo's. They had guns and you don't mess with them when they have guns. Our plod are pussy's by comparison.
guardia are nothing compared to these guys, these police officers only exist in catalunya, they are mossos d'esquadra, they can be horrible feckers, I just happened to meet two nice ones, even so, I had to take sneaky pictures.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

cybercarl wrote:They had guns and you don't mess with them when they have guns. Our plod are pussy's by comparison
Sorry Carl, I don't agree. The majority of our boys are going out and dealing with all the same kind of crap and doing it with out guns. That doesn't make them pussies.
Now, if you ment they are pussy cats to deal by comparison, that I could understand :thumbup:
agentpineapple wrote: and we may or may not have been doing 220+kph....
it wouldn't look good that's for sure
A little over 233 kph my squealing little passenger was reading from the sat nav. I reckon he needs to get his eyes tested, my bike wont go that fast
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

facing anybody who may have a gun gets ya butt twitching. I can't imagine a copper going into a scenario with no firearm when they may have them inside. not sure id say 'Pussys" either. id probably tazer every bugger ! :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now, if you ment they are pussy cats to deal by comparison
Yep that was exactly what I meant. Wrong choice of words as it has alternative meanings. When your faced with a cop with a gun it makes one feel a bit diffrent especially when they are extremely assertive and showing you who is boss. At least we can at times talk ourselves out of a situation or mitigate things, be polite and apologetic. I don't think a tazer quite has the same mental affect even though I wouldn't want to have one of them drawn on me either they just don't seem real enough mentally. The same as pepper spray. Maybe I need to be shot with one first. A proper firearm makes you think twice and puts one on edge. Maybe that's an argument for our police to be armed but hey....I don't think we want to go down that road do we, even though technically a tazer is armed it's not quite same as a live firearm.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Guns can be very intimidating. I once lost my rag and confronted a load of hairy arsed hunt sabs (who couldn't find the hunt). No need for details but, a bunch of very nasty looking and acting feckers suddenly looked like a load of kids about to piss their pants. It was only a little later that I realised I was stomping towards them, in fully pissed off mode, with a loaded and unbroken shotgun; not quite pointing it at them. Didn't realise what I was doing at the time, the red mist had descended...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

cybercarl wrote:Yep that was exactly what I meant.
:thumbup:
bigtwinthing wrote:id probably tazer every bugger !
Just a normal S&M game for me. Doesn't put me off at all :shifty:
KermitLeFrog wrote:a bunch of very nasty looking and acting feckers suddenly looked like a load of kids about to piss their pants.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that would have been great to see :lol: :lol: