20th anniversary meet 15th July Birmingham Motorcycle Museum

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTRdH

Re: 20th anniversary meet 15th July Birmingham Motorcycle Museum

Post by VTRdH »

agentpineapple wrote:
VTRdH wrote:it was a nice meet with all storms,looking forward for next anniversary meet in 20 years
there were still more at the meet today than are still on the road in the netherlands haha
hope to see you again guys !
was great to meet you rob, we'll have to meet up again in the future, maybe a forum ride over to Holland maybe in order... :thumbup:
thats a deal, i might be able to arange a trackday at assen , will contact my friends and see what i can achieve
if not, besides nice roads up here we also have a red light district, paddo's , pushbikes and loads of old women
Distributor KRIEGER manual cct's
VTR parts supplier worldwide
podman

Post by podman »

VTRdH wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
VTRdH wrote:it was a nice meet with all storms,looking forward for next anniversary meet in 20 years
there were still more at the meet today than are still on the road in the netherlands haha
hope to see you again guys !
was great to meet you rob, we'll have to meet up again in the future, maybe a forum ride over to Holland maybe in order... :thumbup:
thats a deal, i might be able to arange a trackday at assen , will contact my friends and see what i can achieve
if not, besides nice roads up here we also have a red light district, paddo's , pushbikes and loads of old women
Put me down for all of that !!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Me too. It's easier for me to get to Amsterdam than to get to Birmingham.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
pstormer

Post by pstormer »

Absolutely gutted :cry: The one thing I've been looking forward to all year and what did I go and do :roll: Only bloody forgot it was on at the weekend :oops: I try and check in on the site every week or so, just to have a chuckle at the abuse that get flung around :biggrin but have been off work sick so did see any updates. To say I'm gutted is and understatement. All I can do is apologise for not being there and try to make it to one of the other meetings that goes on through the year :thumbup: Hope ya all had a great day :clap:
Paul
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Don't worry,
we'll probably do it again in 2037...put it on you calendar and tie a knot in your hanky or something :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Don't worry,
we'll probably do it again in 2037...put it on you calendar and tie a knot in your hanky or something :wink:

Pete.l

Oh!
and it will probably be at Mac's house cause he will own them all by then :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great to see so many VTR's in the same place at the same time.I haven't posted my pics as they seem to be replicas of pics already posted.The day was only marred by me losing £90:00 which i thought had blown from my pocket on the ride to the meet.Big thanks to Mac who lent me £20:00 (see you on Saturday)and to Gabi who paid for me to get into the museum (pay you back next time i see you) and to ALL the others that offered to lend me money.When i got home i had another look through my pockets and found a hole in one and lo and behold £90:00 went through it and the money was in the lining.So the only downer after all was the good soaking we got.Thanks to all for the commeradie shown. :D :D
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
plumbob

Post by plumbob »

Great day, apart from motorway ride up. Many thanks to Pete L for breaking me in gently as a Firestorm meet up virgin. Nice to be able to put some faces to the names, or not in some cases. Hope to see some of you again at the Wales meet, which is my back yard.Once again Great Day.

Dave.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

was great to see so many bikes in one place and catch up with some old contacts. in hindsight I wish I had taken the time to go and talk to more of the new faces and not bothered with the trip round the museum.

but I have a reputation of being a grumpy & antisocial b8stard that I need to maintain :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:was great to see so many bikes in one place and catch up with some old contacts. in hindsight I wish I had taken the time to go and talk to more of the new faces and not bothered with the trip round the museum.

but I have a reputation of being a grumpy & antisocial b8stard that I need to maintain :lol:
Tis true, why ruin a good bad reputation... :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:was great to see so many bikes in one place and catch up with some old contacts. in hindsight I wish I had taken the time to go and talk to more of the new faces and not bothered with the trip round the museum.

Tis true, why ruin a good bad reputation... :x

and you can feck off for a start :Ball Kick:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

:
I totally agree Al, the walk around the museum was nice enough, but I have zero conections with old English bikes, so it didn't really do anything for me, I also wished i'd stayed and talked more to the bike owners, they all came across and nice guys. just guessing but I probably knew half of them already, but I should have made an effort to get to know the other half.....doh!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Alan,
great that the £90 was found in the lining of your jacket, I have been know to use that trick when people think it is my round :D :beer:

I think the problem with the museum is that a) it is only brit bikes and b) there is too many bikes that are almost the same as the last one you looked at. I was brain dead after the 2nd hall
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

You sussed me out :lol: the star of the museum to me was the Norton V8 Nemesis. What a gorgeous bike
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Alan,
great that the £90 was found in the lining of your jacket, I have been know to use that trick when people think it is my round :D :beer:

I think the problem with the museum is that a) it is only brit bikes and b) there is too many bikes that are almost the same as the last one you looked at. I was brain dead after the 2nd hall
at last a like minded soul :thumbup: