Op Storm Wales Sep 13th to 15th 2019

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

budd

Re: Op Storm Wales Sep 13th to 15th 2019

Post by budd »

top weekend as usual made all the better by the stunning weather, thanks to everyone for the excellent 'craic'. It was nice to have a pit crew to sort the hateful Aprila, the problems started early when I kicked the rear indicator off (and this before i'd even got it off the drive !!) thanks to Kev for the araldite, then it decided it didn't want to start sat morning (maybe it was pissed off with me for the kick up the indicator) but it did not want to start Rick very nearly managed to bump it off after my pathetic attempts then Bazza and Mac came through to jump start the unwilling ape with Bazza even sorting the tyre pressures, I could get used to having a 'pit crew' :thumbup: . Once running it behaved itself for the rest of the weekend until I managed to drop it at the end of the bunk house road, Muppet !!! thanks to those who extricated me from the fallen Italian. But despite my difficulties it was a top weekend, fantastic roads, top great company, sign me up for next year :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
cheekykev

Re: Op Storm Wales Sep 13th to 15th 2019

Post by cheekykev »

budd wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:42 pm It was a top weekend, fantastic roads, top great company, sign me up for next year :D
Yes, a great weekend, thanks everyone for turning up, and thanks again for making the girls feel welcome and part of the gang.
Bud, talking of next year, as I mentioned to some of you, I would be looking for another Bunkhouse for next year, well I've found one.
I will be putting a post up very shortly with a link to the one I have found, I spoke to the Lady who runs the place this morning, a very helpful, enthusiastic lady who is a biker friendly sort of person, and it sounds Ideal.
She said that she's always busy in September, but at the moment all September is free, and she would require £100 deposit to secure our booking.
It looks far better than the one we've been using, a little more expensive, but in my opinion well worth it.
In it's own grounds, 2 miles from Rhayader centre, sleeps 16 to 20 people and also has space for camping.
works out £51 each for the weekend, that includes bedding, breakfast and towels.
I will be taking bookings now on a first come first serve basis, so if you want to come along then please get in touch with me as soon as possible, a £20 deposit will secure your place, AMCQ, Bazza, MacV2 and Myself have already paid the deposit, so come on guys get your place booked.
The date for the meeting will be 12th 13th September 2020 the new post will up soon.
See link
https://independenthostels.co.uk/member ... bunkhouse/
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost