Scotland 2019.. did that really happen

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

fabiostar

Scotland 2019.. did that really happen

Post by fabiostar »

first off a thankyou to Al and Liz for putting on a great weekend :thumbup: . so many nice things to remember for another year :clap: :clap:

roads......check
beer ......check
friends....check
lunatics...check check

roll on next year.CHECK

why would you not want to go every year

how many men does it take to fix a puncture :clap:

the logging road.. thats all i will say

just................ just roads.

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Re: Scotland 2019.. did that really happen

Post by fabiostar »

And the nightlife wasnt to bad either :eek2 ..

feeding time at the zoo

looks like Pete doing a bit of chatting up?

thatl be the beer then?

you had to be there to understand why lol

major downer now its over :eek2 ..

was so nice to visit Norman aswell. :confused ..

A great weekend with some great riding friends, its the highlight of my biking year :thumbup: :thumbup:

roll on 2020, book me in now.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great photos and roads look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well seeing as fabio stole my photos there, I won't go on with a lengthy post :lol:

Seriously though the best time was had. I've never had such a decent riding experience and it was a good time to get to know the storm I bought a short while ago

Highlight for me was heading down that road with Alistair and James ahead (obviously) and an aprilia right up my backside.

Al and liz you put on A great show. Was nice to visit Norman's grave and I've no doubt he would be looking down laughing and very proud.

Good work Scotland crew!!!!!

Until next year
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

it was fecking epic

the friday ride there with Bazza and pete from my house was wet. we met tony and flatty in Hawes and it was still wet ... but we had fun in north yorkshire despite the rain .... boy can you trust the Michelin pilot road 5s in the wet!..... got to the border and it starts to dry out so we had even more fun :D

bonfire, burgers, beer and banter were the oder of the day ... delivered to excess :D

saturday was almost all dry and the logging road was perfect, Fabio got off his bike and kissed the road!! . But The quote of the day came from Tony who declared "I have decided I won't sell the SP2, I will just buy a house here instead"

then we went past the Budhist temple but we did a detour to Hawick to see the Hizzy museum which was cool, then the run down past St marys loch and through the glen to the Grey Mares tail [waterfall] where Fabios phots are taken ..... when james and I got there, we just got off the bikes and fell on the ground to allow our senses to try and stop spinning ..... by christ that 701 supermoto [in the right hands] can fly .

the rain caught us for the run down Dalveen pass, but we had found our rhythm, so we didn't bother to put on waterproofs, we just kept the throttle pinned and enjoyed the sweeping shell grip corners.

it started drying out again so we threaded the needle down the worlds narrowest A road and then finished it off with a lap round Loch Ken.

by the time that was done we needed more beer and burgers ..... and Grumpy frog had also turned up so there was added whisky to reinforce the sore heads for the next day.
unfortunately the bonfire had been confiscated by a group of boy scouts. men with beer can't be near boy scouts incase they get corrupted!!!
then there was the fire wood incident that further soiled the relationship with Mrs Scout leader ... but we won't talk about that!

sunday was not raining, but roads were wet, most folk were heading home but Pete, GrumpyF and the NI crew did the run up to Ayr on the way to the Ferry. that left Pete and I to do a few more hours of cable streaching down to Newton Stewart then back over Clateringshaws to New Galloway, then to Kirkcudbright to spend the night ..... 2 beers and we were done!

Monday it was dry again, so we did the logging road again, went mental down the A6 to Kendal [pete got lost and told off by the plod] then we played round north yorkshire again before a bite to eat and the M6 home.

it was a roller coaster in every way.... seeing Normans new headstone for the first time, and riding past the site of his crash.... but I had a good team to look after me [and my sister], so it was 100 times more celebration than sadness.

RIP mate
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will try and book the same weekend next year ... as long as the scouts didn't lodge a formal complaint and we are now barred.

its about time a few more of you book Monday off so we can do a proper ride Sunday as well as Saturday. ... we just need to pace our selves in the evening :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:47 am Great photos and roads look awesome Image

the roads are bloody good, but what makes them epic is the lack of traffic and junctions or houses, ... so on the 20 mile logging road, we pass 1 house, met 2 cars coming the otherway and didn't overtake anything!!

on many sections you can see the next 5 or 6 corners are clear as you crest the hill, so you can get a bit "sporty" knowing there is no hazards or blind bends.

first time I went there I thought "if Carling made biker roads" :D
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 am
how many men does it take to fix a puncture :clap:

one from what I remember 8)

the rest were resting or talking :lol:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Awesome pic of the Loch and we need more info on the telly tubby caps :lol: Where they Scouts or Girl Guides. They have all got a bit weird these days and Girls are allowed to join the Scouts. WTF
==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Not a lot more I can add really.
Ali, that’s a brilliant write up. My piccies ate nearly the same as everyone else’s but here are a couple which are different
First of all. What a wonderful day after what had been a rather soggy ride up.

Also it was great to see Edward sporting his new pride and joy after braking his old one the last time he was up
And of course Liz slipping and sliding the Spider through the lanes and looking so chilled about it is always worth a picture
And of course one of the scenery for the purist.

And this one is for my private collection. Some of you may recall the noddy car in Devon. This is the latest edition
Fair play Rob, I know you really didn’t want to do it but you engulfed me anyway Image
And Fairs fair. You can have this one in return
Can’t believe we didn’t get asked to leaveImage

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks for all the photo's and added info, it certainly looks like, and sounds like you had a brilliant time :D 8)

Chris.
JSt

Post by JSt »

This time last week we were on the ferry.

Thanks so much for organising such a fantastic weekend Al and Liz. I’m sure it was filled with emotion for you both.

It was great to see everyone and share riding those sublime roads. Selkirk to Moffat was pretty special.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

JSt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am This time last week we were on the ferry.

Thanks so much for organising such a fantastic weekend Al and Liz. I’m sure it was filled with emotion for you both.

It was great to see everyone and share riding those sublime roads. Selkirk to Moffat was pretty special.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

James,
it already feels like it was more than 1 week ago .... this normality and all its chores / stresses / interruptions is a right pain in the @rse, but I guess if we had that much fun every day our heads would explode.

its one of the highlights of my year to lead you guys round my home turf, but it is made 100x better to have someone to play with :D
AMcQ
JSt

Post by JSt »

:D :D :D
Must book the Monday off next year :thumbup: