Special servicing offer

Best deals in town
Redthunder

Special servicing offer

Post by Redthunder »

Hi all, in case anyone is interested I can offer Special servicing rate for forum members:
Destined 4 bikes ltd based in Derbyshire.
I am really passionate about Firestorms being favourite bike to work on!

Change oil (Silkolene or similar semi synthetic)
Change Oil filter (Hi flo)
Change air filter (pattern)
Change spark plugs Ngk
Drain, flush, replace coolant
Lubricate rear suspension linkage
Balance carburettors
Set Tps
Lube cables, switchgear, foot pegs etc
Change clutch fluid
Strip and clean brake caliper /pistons
Change brake fluid
Check all chassis fasteners
Check charging and electrical system
Check wheel and head bearings
£150

Other work available on request.

Delivery and collection available up to 50 miles from junction 28 M1, at 50p/ mile
destined4bikes17@gmail.com

Shiny side up!
Cheers
Jamie
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
podman

Re: Special servicing offer

Post by podman »

So, im my very approx guesstimations, thats £40 worth of oil, approx £7 for a filter, £20 for an air filter, £10 on plugs, coolant £15, brake fluid 7..£10 on sundries etc....Bargain, time is money and I couldnt do all that much cheaper myself.

Im around 70miles from Junc 28 (Northampton) , if you can still offer del/collection, Ill be taking you up on that but itll be nearer the end of the year (Summer season) if thats OK.
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

I can do Northampton but is 150 mile round trip though, I'll sort you out ok. Email when ready.
Thanks
Jamie
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

davebonline

Post by davebonline »

@ Destined 4 Bikes - where approximately are you based, and how long would you need the bike to do all that? Thanks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
popkat

Post by popkat »

That's rather a lot to do for only £150, you must have overheads so you can't be earning hardly anything out the this service ! If it seems too good to be true it probably is !. If your working from home in your garage then maybe it's a different matter, to earn something is better than nothing but for a business to only charge that little for that amount doesn't look viable to me..

Lastly I will sell things on here but before I did I had been here for quite some time and behind the scenes I asked permission before offering my business services on here. I don't do much as It's a hobby forum and not business for me, but if someone wants something I sell/can supply or do then I'm happy to help..

Forum Etiquette is what I'm saying.

If you've done all that then I wish you well with your offer for as long as it might last at the price :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

popkat wrote:That's rather a lot to do for only £150, you must have overheads so you can't be earning hardly anything out the this service ! If it seems too good to be true it probably is !. If your working from home in your garage then maybe it's a different matter, to earn something is better than nothing but for a business to only charge that little for that amount doesn't look viable to me..

Lastly I will sell things on here but before I did I had been here for quite some time and behind the scenes I asked permission before offering my business services on here. I don't do much as It's a hobby forum and not business for me, but if someone wants something I sell/can supply or do then I'm happy to help..

Forum Etiquette is what I'm saying.

If you've done all that then I wish you well with your offer for as long as it might last at the price :wink:

Agree Malc! Too good to be true possibly/probably! Are corners getting cut??? Just saying :wink:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

:| Firstly my previous forum name, for considerable time was Redthunder.
I am based in Alfreton, East Derbyshire.
I appreciate people may be cynical but my overheads are indeed low.
This is a part time business, I work 40hours a week which pays my wage so am not actually drawing much out of the business.
Because of working full time I need a bike for a couple of days.
I have ten years full time work until I can retire from that so am building the bike business up over that time period.

I have a workshop at home. The company is properly registered and with trade policy to insure all bikes in my possession, including public liability etc.

You would only find out what my work us like by finding out but I am deeply passionate about all things bike, and still have a massive soft spot for Firestorms, just bought another.

So as I have the bike for a couple of days and my overheads are low I can afford to do it at this price.
People may be cynical but my attention to detail is far better than many workshops.

I have trade accounts which helps me supply quality oils and parts. Just l like really to cover my costs and make a little amount, purely because I am passionate about all things bikes and don't l like to see people ripped off.

Still I have business coming in and a string of Happy customers, just thought if I could help like minded enthusiasts not get ripped off.
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Watty

Post by Watty »

Fair do's, in this day and age you can't blame us for being cautious/suspicious. Good luck with business :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

So your doing a full time job then fixing/servicing bikes in your spare time ?
Nothing wrong there That's how I started out.
I know how much the proper insurance cost, so you do have overheads. I still think your price for the amount of work your doing is too cheap, you want to make money and when the love of doing it has faded (and it will) you'll be left with little.. This is assuming you grow which surely is the idea, if your just doing it for pocket money at mates rates then it could well be a very good deal for owners.

You say you have happy customers, do they have anywhere to let people know it, like a facebook page ?.

I still think it's polite to ask the moderators before touting your business, this forum is very relaxed but many other forums won't let you or ask you to sponsor the site with payment, to ask a question before diving in doesn't seem too much to me :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
podman

Post by podman »

Destined 4 bikes wrote:I can do Northampton but is 150 mile round trip though, I'll sort you out ok. Email when ready.
Thanks
Jamie
That I will Jamie, thank you.
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

I don't blame people for being cynical at all. I am simply wishing to give a good deal for fellow storm owners being the best bike!
I have just serviced 2 ninjas and an Fzs1000 which, whilst good value comprehensive servicing didn't attract quite the same level of discount.
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Good luck with this. I've used some well established forum members for various servicing work, never on the Storm though. The work has been excellent and I've added to the good feedback these people have received. I'd like to see someone on here take you up on your offer and then get a report back. You are a bit too far for me and, anyway, I like to work on the bike myself.

One thing I do agree with Malc though is it's too cheap. I hope it's a loss leader to get a reputation which then lets you put your prices up so that it's worthwhile for you.

Once again good luck and kind regards. Interested to hear any feedback.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Good luck with your venture... Think I see what you are doing. It's easy to think money will be lost at those prices but it really depends on how you look at the business... if you compare to the bike shops charging.. what? £40/hr maybe more... (honestly wouldn't have a clue because I never pay anyone to work on my vehicles) and don't forget, that's not in the mechanics pocket then ofc it looks like a lost cause but if you consider this is part time work done from home, that changes everything... and I know this because I have done it. What you gonna get from a part time job.. you may only get minimal wage and there are many folk out there who need to top their earnings up and go this route on the other hand you could like this guy be charging not much more than what you would get taking a part time job.. you would be working from home with minimal outgoings doing something you actually love... Depending on your perspective you could charge £10/hr and still make money.

Either way... hope it works... I think it's true what they say.... if you do what you love you'll never work a day in your life.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I hope it's a loss leader to get a reputation which then lets you put your prices up so that it's worthwhile for you.
That was exactly my thought.

Now that old forum name rings a bell :biggrin I see where the love for Firestorm comes from now.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Curious how long would you need the firestorm for? 1 working day ...collect next day or same
day...that is a service only on a firestorm with no known issues..…stop over maybe on a jolly down
to Alfreton...any thoughts I suppose it is what is revealed.… :thumbup: