Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Virt »

It's dark out now :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Also removed the engine from the same mates thundercat
Look at you....getting your hands greasy and turning spanners. After working on that the Storm will be a piece of cake. Your lucky those baffles didn't shoot out the back and hit someone. Stick them in a bag and only bring them out come MOT time. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:
Also removed the engine from the same mates thundercat
Look at you....getting your hands greasy and turning spanners. After working on that the Storm will be a piece of cake. Your lucky those baffles didn't shoot out the back and hit someone. Stick them in a bag and only bring them out come MOT time. :wink:

The baffles were under my seat when the screws were lost :lol: And it did not appreciate the lack of baffles, engine didn't want to rev particularly smooth or cleanly.

And I'm more than happy getting my hands greasy, if it's just removing and adding basic stuff I can happily do it. It's just modifying things that I fail at because I have no understanding. And Lloyd has good understanding, and he's good company :wink: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You have to be a little careful storing things under the seat as they can slide forward and fall out the gaps in the subframe towards the battery end. Lloyd could have done with your help today as he had some petrol to play with. :lol:

Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah, that's where the screws went. I know I threaded them into the baffles, and I'm pretty sure I threaded them quite deep. I dunno, I'm just pissed off at it :lol: And the bike doesn't sound that different without the baffles, it's not louder or deeper.. It's just a different sound really. I prefer the baffled sound, and the baffled ride! :D

I'm on a diet currently, no petrol :wink: That was removing the PAIR from Pineapples bike I guess?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No he was stripping carbs down.

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

8541Hawk wrote:you might want to carry something with you to cover the gauges when you park the bike outside.
Thanks for the info Hawk :thumbup: I'll have to keep that in mind when abroad! :) I got a chance to test it yesterday, fantastic to actually be able to see through it when tucked in, I don't know why I ever bought a black screen!! :wtf:
agentpineapple wrote:the pleasure was all mine lloydie, me and carl finished about 30mins ago, still lots to do, but we got plenty done today, a massive thanks to carl, lloydie, Jamie and chris... :thumbup:
Was really great to see everyone, I had such a laugh and Marty's coffee was top notch! Here's some pics I took..

Jamie :wave:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Bunch of butt. All togged up ready to go out on the bikes. Gave Pauline's ER6 a run first. What a cracker! Came back grabbed my keys and P jumped on the ER6.

Oh dear, 'Stormy misfiring, farting and backfiring. Limped back home, stripped out the Stick Coils, remade and resoldered the joints. Put it back together, still a horrific misfire! Grrr.

I'm guessing one of the Stick Coils is breaking down, so have decided to revert back to factory. One set of factory coils ordered from eBay. Let's hope weather remains decent for next week.
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Virt

Post by Virt »

Took it out, bought some screws to secure the baffles in, went out with my mate who was borrowing someones SV650.. cracking thing that bike, we swapped for a bit and despite it feeling gutless it still went pretty quick. Just didn't like the extremely sit up riding position, was glad to get back on my storm afterwards. Especially after hearing how nice it sounded from behind :erection:

Shame the police didn't agree!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Sunny but frustrating day fitting Eastern beaver relay kit - sodden thing didn't work. Should be a plug&play item but bulb wouldn't light up despite relays clicking. Used multimeter to find diddly-squat output from bulb connector :? Little option but to unravel it and revert back to standard. While things were apart tried to fit 8mm quick release fuel connectors - no way with the slop in the 10mm ID hose would they have sealed securely

So only positive is some hidden parts are a little cleaner and nuts & bolts recopper-greasesed for when I can be arsed to go back in again...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Rode it, it's going great, I rode the fazer first, then came back and got on the storm.

Decided to sell the Fazer, so if anyone wants a commuter bike that is fully sorted and reliable, let me know.

Came back and took the seat unit and tank off the Storm and spent the afternoon painting, sanding, filling, painting, sanding filling etc etc etc ad infinitum. Starting to look good though.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent some time in the sun (hoo fkin rah!) fiddlin & changing bits on Nue Red.

Fitted... Smoked LED rear light, black std chin spoiler, black CNC clutch & break levers,carbon F/m-gaurd, changed the headlight bulb. Oh & fitted Benny's old Fabbri DB screen.

Little tip for you all, when changing the headlight bulb don't try doing it with a knackard/wonkey wrist it may result in pain & dropping said bulb into the headlight which then results in the need to remove fairing to fish the fecker out...Just saying like...

Oh & I didn't bother cleaning it or the filthy rear shock...

Almost forgot...Wicky's bin shot...

:lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...